Uber Drivers Forum banner

Snow

3K views 56 replies 29 participants last post by  Uberoni 
#1 ·
If we get snow this weekend, I better not look at my app and see 10 cars out in my area. You have to draw the line somewhere people. I'm just saying. Lol

#9 ·
2 to 5 inches isn't much here, but its always interesting watching our southern kin deal with it.

If I were any of you, I wouldn't bother. The chance of an accident is pretty high, a lot of drivers in your zone aren't used to it, and if they come plowing into you it will be a hassle. If you didn't tell your insurance company you were ubering, they'll find out for sure even if you're not at fault.

#17 ·
As long as the airport is open for business there will be good business to be had to and from. The risk of accident/getting stuck in snow may not make it worth either. Another fact to consider is if you get a fairly long ride (let's say airport to Alpharetta) and it's snowing hard you may have to go 25mph to keep it safe making it a 2.5 hour ride. That may be the worst part of it for me

#18 ·
As long as the airport is open for business there will be good business to be had to and from.
During snow storms here in Pittsburgh, the airport sometimes threw off cab trips for folks stranded when late commuter flights to Latrobe or State College were cancelled, and the people still needed to get home.

Long trip during a snow storm, but paid pretty well.

#33 ·
I meant Jameson, damn word suggestions..............was in Buckhead, no rides except one, brought me to the highlands. Rainy............I don't see any snow trucks, if this shit freezes over it will be a NIGHTMARE, so far nothing though.

Some bara are still open but no one is leaving the house.

#44 ·
I was there when it was surging last nite but had committed to picking up one of my regulars. I sure was tempted to come up with some excuse and pick up one of the surge rides instead...at one point there were 2 cars in que. 400 N was iced up south of exit 7 at the river overpass and there was an accident there but otherwise not bad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.