Snow

wwud

If we get snow this weekend, I better not look at my app and see 10 cars out in my area. You have to draw the line somewhere people. I'm just saying. Lol

wwud

Really! I just keep thinking about the last snow storm and how people got stuck. Just don't want that to happen for a $5 ride.

Atlwarrior

Really! I just keep thinking about the last snow storm and how people got stuck. Just don't want that to happen for a $5 ride.
Obviously I wasn't out there when it got that bad, but had a lot of surge rides before the storm hit fully.

rtaatl

I wouldn't expect it to be anything like 3 years ago. The rates were twice as high, the surges weren't capped, and there were a lot less drivers on the road then.

Uberoni

Hot off the presses...

I_Like_Spam

2 to 5 inches isn't much here, but its always interesting watching our southern kin deal with it.

If I were any of you, I wouldn't bother. The chance of an accident is pretty high, a lot of drivers in your zone aren't used to it, and if they come plowing into you it will be a hassle. If you didn't tell your insurance company you were ubering, they'll find out for sure even if you're not at fault.

Eggroll

Best day I ever had was a snow day. It also happened to be my first day driving. All downhill from there. I won't be driving Saturday Morning.

NY Peach

I was thinking about that. My first thought would obviously be to avoid that, but if I was in that situation, I don't think I would end the ride. End ride = no commercial insurance from Uber.

If we aren't going anywhere, they are paying 12 cents a minute which equals a whole $7.20/hr. After Uber's cut, that leaves me with $5.40. If I am going to burn up my gas to keep a stranger warm, their phone charged, etc., they can pay me. If they don't like it, they can take it up with Uber customer service...or get out of my car!

Edit - If it was a high surge ride, I would consider stopping the ride and starting a new ride at a lower rate if it was a crazy situation where it looked like we would be stuck for hours.

What would you guys do?

Last edited:

Bnkrdave

As long as the airport is open for business there will be good business to be had to and from. The risk of accident/getting stuck in snow may not make it worth either. Another fact to consider is if you get a fairly long ride (let's say airport to Alpharetta) and it's snowing hard you may have to go 25mph to keep it safe making it a 2.5 hour ride. That may be the worst part of it for me

I_Like_Spam

As long as the airport is open for business there will be good business to be had to and from.

During snow storms here in Pittsburgh, the airport sometimes threw off cab trips for folks stranded when late commuter flights to Latrobe or State College were cancelled, and the people still needed to get home.

Long trip during a snow storm, but paid pretty well.

rotagilla

As long as the airport is open for business there will be good business to be had to and from. The risk of accident/getting stuck in snow may not make it worth either. Another fact to consider is if you get a fairly long ride (let's say airport to Alpharetta) and it's snowing hard you may have to go 25mph to keep it safe making it a 2.5 hour ride. That may be the worst part of it for me

http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2017/01/06/delta-cancels-350-flights-due-to-storm/

Delta cancels 350 flights due to storm