Snow in Roanoke

ginseng41

It was a really rough night. I saw a lot of 4WD cars having trouble because it was icy. I was fine though

JimFallope

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I have a Subaru with AWD so I was fine. Key is; drive slow, always yield right of way when coming up on someone, and don't contravene the laws of physics. Do you drive in B-Burg exlusively? I've haven't been up there to Uber yet.

ginseng41

Yup. I live here. You don't have to go slow with chains. 30 mph is the max and it's what I did almost everywhere. Not a single slide all night

Uvafan15

I drove in Roanoke Friday and it wasn't worth it. I was getting pinged from Salem, to Clearbrook, back to North Roanoke. Requests were coming in 20-30 minutes away. I took a couple and people were going 5-10 minutes down the road, with no surge I decided I wasn't going for it and called it quits. Drove in Charlottesville Saturday and made more than I did on NYE. I already had a hotel since the basketball game was originally supposed to be Saturday so I decided to give it a go.

ginseng41

Charlottesville is really a great place for student dependent money. I'm actually surprised that more Richmond drivers don't go up there

ginseng41

Oh that's probably an improvement. I drove in Richmond over Christmas break last year and it was awful. At about half the rate that it was, it's gotta suck now