Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Sneaky Uber - adding preference turned on

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  NicFit 
#1 ·
You know, it's really annoying when Uber adds something to the driver's preference area and doesn't even notify you that they did. Added to that they add in 'on' as well.

What showed up today, you ask? Pets. Now, I don't mind I like pets (well mostly dogs) but sheesh, why not notify the driver the preferences were updated?

I check mine nearly daily as they would 'click' on deliveries here and there. Food smells, yuck.
:vomit:🤮🤢

#6 ·
ouch. Uber laid off too many coders.

the good news many members reporting the same, so hopefully some of them have called useless support to log a ticket.

Reactions: ariel5466
#7 ·
You know, it's really annoying when Uber adds something to the driver's preference area and doesn't even notify you that they did. Added to that they add in 'on' as well.

What showed up today, you ask? Pets. Now, I don't mind I like pets (well mostly dogs) but sheesh, why not notify the driver the preferences were updated?

I check mine nearly daily as they would 'click' on deliveries here and there. Food smells, yuck.
:vomit:🤮🤢
Perhaps uberPet is new to your market or your profile? I've had it for awhile now. Deliveries turning on by itsself has been common for me for the last couple weeks.

#8 ·
Perhaps uberPet is new to your market or your profile?
not perhaps, is. I knew from here it was hatched months ago in other markets. I don't mind it...pets....but irked something 'new' appears and there is no notice before or after. One is left to 'find' it. As a rule I check preferences every day since I learned when I was a noob 'deliveries' would find itself 'on' when I saved it 'off'.

Reactions: ariel5466
#13 ·
You think that's bad, wait til they keep turning them on after you turn them off
That's been going on for years here in Dallas. It is when you cross some geo-fence usually created by a queue system. Mine is reset when leaving the airport. It usually don't affect many ants as they drop and wait in the queue for their next ride. We also have a dead zone on a highway interchange that splits our downtown area with the.busiest bar/restaurant area. Imagine holding onto $20/30 surge and seeing a delivery or Uber X ride come through.

#14 ·
I noticed Uber essential workers or something like that is gone and I have pets too now, I would like a heads up that they make changes. And what’s with select even being active still? Kind upset that I can’t get my car added even though it been a year since they stopped letting new cars be added. Either let us add our car or just get rid of it, tired of seeing it and have no way of getting the requests

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.