• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

sneaky rate increases

Lawlet91

D2FE840D-DB24-429A-8F97-D5F780B5D65A.png
So has anyone else noticed the Orlando rates for passengers has sneakily increased at some point? Per minute charge is about same but per mile rate went up by about $.10 at some point.

OrlUberOffDriver

That is how oblivious Orlando FUber drivers are!
That change has been in effect since 3/9/2018
CD9A0770-AA89-4FE8-82F9-C17E1DB88F36.jpeg

The 27% represents what FUber is taking from ALL drivers(even us 20%ers) plus whatever FUber charges the rider above that in the upfront fare scam!!!
#DeleteUber

autofill

That is how oblivious Orlando FUber drivers are!
That change has been in effect since 3/9/2018
And we got a lot of drivers on this forum that are contempt with this. They say Uber can charge pax whatever they want as long as they make their per mile per minute rate even if that rate never increase. I wonder if they’ll still be contempt if Uber lowered the driver’s rate to 40 cents per mile and 5 cents a minute while jacking up pax rate more, lol.

touberornottouber

All I know is Daytona Beach sucks both for steady fares, and tips...
Just wondering if its even worth my time
Welcome to the club. It's horrible. And there are so many drivers sometimes it is ridiculous. I could not imagine if our rates were as low as Orlando.

JJdrives8

Hmmm.....I’m only 2 weeks in so I don’t want to jinx myself, but I steadily make $100 in 6 hours working for Uber and Lyft though. So just uber would be 50 average. I made $200+ my first Saturday out last weekend. $150 the night before and $100 on Sunday night working 4 hours. Went out 2 hours today and made $50. Again I don’t want to jinx myself but every time I’ve logged on I have ride after ride and make good money. I hope it continues and I can’t wait for biketoberfest!

Lawlet91

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just give it a few weeks, your rides will drop off when they stop feeding you rides because your not the newest driver anymore. On that not your making $100 gross in 6ish hours? How many miles is that and how much expenses are you spending to achieve said $100, chances are in long term your making next to nothing, don’t forget that every mile you put on a vehicle steadily moves the car closer to expensive repairs

JJdrives8

I really hope that doesn’t happen, but I am pleasantly skeptical at this point lol. I’ve had a lot of rides that last 10 mins or so and not to much gas and they add up quick $5-$10 here and there. Then I have a good mixture of rides say from Daytona beach to ormond, get paid maybe $20 fare and $5 tip. I am still learning and went in hoping for the best but expecting the worst and I still can’t believe how easy it is to make money. I get the wear and tear on the car, but it’s paid off and I’ll want a new one in a few years anyhow. It’s still in good shape and nice to ride people around in, but I’m ok with putting the miles on it, it’s got really low miles from sitting in a garage for a while. I keep a close eye on the gas. For instance when I made $200 something on Saturday night, I only gassed up once for $15 after burning a quarter tank of gas. Luckily my car is good on gas too. All I know is every single time I log on i make money. Today I logged on for 2 hrs just to make a little cash and went home with $50 for 3 rides(I will add that my last ride tipped me really well in cash). I also logged off to do stuff on and off that probably added up to a half hour, so really only worked 3-1/2 hrs. I also logged off several times once that two hours to do stuff. I plan to work tomorrow morning through the afternoon, I’ll update on whether it sucks or not lol I really needed this job so it’s been a real life saver. I hope it continues. This is working for Uber and Lyft. When one pings I shut the other off so I don’t miss rides. So I’m making double what I would just driving for one of the other.

Last edited:

JJdrives8

Maybe it’s because I’m working near the highway(I-95?) I get consistent fares with both. I haven’t done the airport yet, not sure if it’s worth waiting in the queue