• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Smove & TriBeCar Users Chat

Observingonly

Get one as the last car in your life. It suits you :biggrin:

Don't forget to fix fake twin exhaust pipes and a big spoiler and some racing meters. Behind, put a sticker saying that it is an Evolution Mark II.

renyeo

I am also considering a COE car which depre is just as low.

:cool::cool::cool:

renyeo

Today, I ordered the cheapest car from Smove, and this was what I got.

Curiously, the 9-year old Vios's 1.5-L 4-banger sounded mighty trashy at full chat; Attrage’s even-smaller 1.2-L 3-pot, in comparison, was decidedly silken. Note the aftermarket push-start button - a necessity feature on the Smove fleet. Worked intermittently on the Vios because somehow the fiddly button on the steering wheel column always required a few tries to start or off the engine.

After LCR recalled its Attrages, all I can say is so long, Mitsubishi, you will be missed (by the Food Preparer only).

:frown::frown::frown:

CC392784-57E4-43F0-85DA-F1531151AEBA.jpeg

41C56FB6-3710-4912-B4ED-D119F54639F8.jpeg

renyeo

Here's one more look at the definitive icon of UberFlex Club from the days of yore.

When flexi-time Uber drivers were chasing after incentives, blue-winged Attrages were the rage of the road. Zoom-zoom here, zip-zip there!

The euphoria, though, were to disappear from 0-100kph in less than six months following Uber’s retreat from these shores. Talk about too fast, too furious; boom-bang-bam!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6D2D1C4A-8607-4E9B-8497-DA4BB106671F.jpeg

(Image: budgetdirect.com.sg)

renyeo

Today, I ordered the cheapest-tier Smove car, and, this is the one I got.

Bye, bye, Attrage; the cheapest new car that taxi drivers and everyone loved to despise.

:eek::eek::eek:

564B92FF-476C-42B2-8CD5-8266DA523107.jpeg
4A50BB04-6131-478F-975C-23AE6EA56173.jpeg

renyeo

Yes, go jalan-jalan with family. Had the car for 6 hours, paid $60, gasoline included.

:wink::wink::wink:

Ultracraft

Yes, go jalan-jalan with family. Had the car for 6 hours, paid $60, gasoline included.

:wink::wink::wink:
Damn dirt cheap! Price likely will go out one week b4 Lunar New Year. One fella told me he rented a Tribecar for 2 hours for a mere $20!

renyeo

TriBeCar’s $20 for 2 hours was comparative with Smove because he had to pay own gasoline.

Smove charges $8 per hour for a maximum of two-hour hire under an ultra-short rental scheme. Under this plan, mileage charge is additional. A hirer can except to pay about $7-$10 on mileage charges for a two-hour usage.

I find that carsharing is a great way to access a vehicle on-demand. As the car is insanely and stupidly expensive in this country, I worked out a super-duper easy formula on financial prudence for car buyers:

”Buy a car that costs the sum of your annual wage.”

In short, if you earn $50,000 p.a. (before employee CPF deductions), you should buy a car that costs no more than $50,000, and so and so forth. It helps too if you spouse works. Then both of you collectively might be able to buy a more expensive car.

To this end, I'm still waiting for that new Attrage (priced at $57,000 at last count).

:p:p:p

renyeo

Noticed a nasty tear on the Mazda3’s rear bumper during my last booking. This was what I got in the cheapest category. Bye, Ah Trage!

:frown::frown::frown:

2F8BDB35-AAD5-44BE-85BD-A774432BDD4F.jpeg

renyeo

Last-generation Mazda3 seems to permeate Smove’s fleet after the demise of Ah Trage.

And all of them came in 50 Different Shades of Grey.

Ultracraft

This model of Mazda 3 has very poor fuel efficiency. The latest Skytec Mazda 3 FC is also not impressive compared to Honda Vezel or Toyota Altis.

Anthony Wong

Honda Grace hybrid does give an impressive fuel performance, hovering around 21 to 23km/L drive.It has also decent leg space. At $56.70/day with 13wk contract (LCR), its quite a stealer.

renyeo

One day, I want to ride TriBeCar’s Honda Wave 125i.

Almost 30 years after getting my Class 3, I’m going back to driving school - erm - I mean riding school, to earn a Class 2B. It will take around one year to pass and qualify for the entry-level motorcycle license, though.

Vroooom, pop, pop, pop!

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

JustApplied

Off the bike, away from the lessons, try to imitate the actions (changing gears, up/down throttle) by sitting on a chair and envision the situation. Over time, your neurons and motor-nerves form automatic pathways without conscious thought. I got my class 2B and 2A easily through these means.

Over time, you may consider class 2A for power and manoeuvrability. But I got banned from riding by new wife. Hair…
Post automatically merged:

*Haiz…

renyeo

But alas! I have always got a weak back. Today, the strain is back. Ouch, foch me!

Think I have got to KIV the riding idea for now. Was worried that I manhandling the weight of a sub-200cc motorcycle might induce or aggravate the condition. Worse still, it makes riding unsafe for me.

Anyhow, BBDC enrolment is valid for 12 months. I will mull over it depending on my back condition. If a part of your body is in pain there’s nothing you desire to do.

Like yours, my wife was (mildly) against the riding idea too, albeit mine was for Class 2B.

Great stuff that you have both A and B licenses!

😢😢😢
Post automatically merged:

-

And, back to car sharing news!

Now, PDVL drivers may drive with Rojek on Tri-Bear-Kar's fleet.

:x3::x3::x3:

Reelfactsnews,

Last edited: