Smooth Driving Report

UberDryv

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
just concerned about what type of driving data is being collected. it is impossible to verify the accuracy

Graham J

I've been getting them for about a month now and really what is its worth. However one thing for certain is that when Uber say they are doing you favour you had better watch over your shoulder.

Mightymong

yes yes, I have received about 4 so far. The last one seems to indicate that I "was sent 3" others that for all I care may have evaporated magically from my inbox.

In case you missed it... email came through on June 27 indicating that these reports will be sent for 8 continuous weeks. They do have all our GPS data so yeahhhhhhh...

Mightymong

...this was the EXCITING news as the email body started:

We're excited to share that over the next 8 weeks, we'll be testing a new technology program in your city that will give you insight into your driving habits

joffie

Absolute crap from FUBER.
Amazing when they want us to be all professional yet are the most incompetent company around.

Damo66

I haven't received anything like this, but it all sounds very bizarre. I don't need Uber literally monitoring my every movement.

Graham J

I don't do conspiracy theories but I think this is all about Uber collecting as much data as possible about what we do to pass on to State Governments, insurance companies and anyone else who would like to have access to this data

drivindad

I don't do conspiracy theories but I think this is all about Uber collecting as much data as possible about what we do to pass on to State Governments, insurance companies and anyone else who would like to have access to this data
They'd be more than happy to pass it on for a price.

χ²(1)

Actually, I'm more inclined to believe this data is going to be used by the artificial intelligence that is intended for their driverless cars (velocity and acceleration profiles of traffic flow at particular places and times of the day).

MotherTrucker

Actually, I'm more inclined to believe this data is going to be used by the artificial intelligence that is intended for their driverless cars (velocity and acceleration profiles of traffic flow at particular places and times of the day).
That's the best theory I've heard. I like it.

Graham J

Maybe I could believe in conspiracy theories! This one has legs because I know that's how they taught the driverless train system in Kuala Lumpur