• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Smoking CIGARETTES in the Car..

Do you allow clients to smoke CIGARETTES in your car? Click all that apply

• YES, infact i'll smoke one with them to let them feel at ease

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No, i'm worried the NEXT client may say, my, "car smells of cigarettes"

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • YES, but if you burn anything, i know where you live!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because I'm not a smoker, and it offends me

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Yes, if you sit in the front seat, clearly with window open

• No, your stupid for smoking

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes, I'm desperate for that 5 star rating

• No, I don't care if client rates me lower for not allowing them.

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Dr_Son

My first response when i pick up a client and they have a newly lit, or 1/2 cigarette is... "Jump in, you can smoke in here.." There response is.. "really? i can smoke in an uber?" I usually respond with.. "You can smoke in my car, but if you burn anything i'll kill you.."

Now clearly the kill you part means i'll be upset... But otherwise.. I have a 4.89 rating past 30 days, and a 4.79 365 days... How do you all feel about a client with a cigarette in the front seat?

XUBERX

I don't smoke so no smoking in my car, and if I'm in a good mood I'll wait a minute for them to finish their cigs, otherwise I just hit cancel and off to get a new pax.

Mr. T

- yes because I could careless, but all the windows WILL be down, regardless of the temp.

Ltagrr4

I'm a smoker. (A pack a day kinda guy) and I have never smoked in my car. Not 1 cigarette. I hate the way cigarettes make your car smell.

johnmiles

This poll is missing the most vital option.... "No because it stinks up your @@@@ing car". Not to mention its extremely unhealthy for you(second hand smoke), will leave an ashy mess and could possibly lead to cig burns on your interior.

Nagodesi

not allowed, i'll let them finish outside. i used this car as a personal car, the smoke odor is permanent..

Fuzzyelvis

My first response when i pick up a client and they have a newly lit, or 1/2 cigarette is... "Jump in, you can smoke in here.." There response is.. "really? i can smoke in an uber?" I usually respond with.. "You can smoke in my car, but if you burn anything i'll kill you.."

Now clearly the kill you part means i'll be upset... But otherwise.. I have a 4.89 rating past 30 days, and a 4.79 365 days... How do you all feel about a client with a cigarette in the front seat?
I have severe asthma and being in a car with someone smoking would probably result in them having to drive me to the ER.

Getting in a car as a pax after a smoker would probably trigger an asthma attack though not deadly. It WOULD trigger a 1 star rating because I would be pretty incapacitated for a day at least.

Though I would probably cancel the trip as I got in and started coughing and if it had already started I would get out and email uber and demand it be refunded.

So I'm guessing you haven't picked up too many asthmatics.

If I pick up smokers I put all 4 windows down and drive fast to clear it out as much as possible. Only time the windows are ever open. If they complain I tell them it's to clear out the smoke smell.

WillowHannigan

No. I am allergic to smoke of all kinds. Quickest way to trigger an asthma attack would be to light up. They ask and I politely tell them no, thank them for asking me first and then tell them that I am allergic and they seem to be fine about it.

UberGal27

No way... if you let them smoke so they can rate you a 5 then thats stupid...bec the next few people will rate you lower bec ur car smells like smoke. Plus you have to worry about them burning a hole in your car.

Nagodesi

Picked up a guy in New Brunswick a few min ago, he had a 1/2 lit, I told him I would wait till he finished, he appreciated that.. I have no issue long as the smoke in not in the car for the next rider.. he understood.. :smiles: