• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

*Smokers*

FXService

On a related note, I go nuts when I see smokers toss their butts out the window. Take a look at the shoulder near a busy intersection with a 4-way light sometime. Pigs.
This drives me insane. Even moreso when smokers throw their butts on the ground, next to an ash tray.:mad:

I seriously think if and when people get caught and fined for littering when it comes to cigarette they should be required to do community service by picking up 10,000 cigarette butts per infraction.

dauction

My car... My rules...

I'm sick and tired of you hoity toity non smokers crying like little biotches over things you have NO CONTROL over. Suck it up buttercup and get in the car and STFU... You can stick your 1* where the sun don't shine. I don't care...

None of you crying b!tches EVER have the guts to say something to my face. You simply use the rating system and the anonymity of complaining AFTER you're safely out of sight. I have NO RESPECT for people like you...
LOL .. Here do you Respect this.. shut the @@@@ up..put your cig out and drive

exSuperShuttle

Unlike you, I don't post up here and snivel every time I get a 1*… Look up all the threads concerning this subject (ratings)…

I don't give pax 1* for slamming doors, playing loud music (I tell them to turn it down in PERSON), backseat driving (I tell them to STOP)…

My point is, we are all anonymous here... Well most of us... What I see (and probably you too) out on the road does NOT resemble this forum whatsoever... Get used to being backstabbed...

forqalso

That's not fair. I don't smoke weed but I live in CA land of the idiots. The morons in CA are trying to outlaw tobacco while simultaneously decriminalizing marijuana. If I were to decline every rider that smelled like pot I would not give many rides. That being said, I have been told by other PAXs that my car smells like weed sometimes.

To the OPs question. You live in NY just as bad as CA, if you smoke in your car don't be surprised if you get sued for 2nd or 3rd hand smoke inhalation.
The freeways that run west into California also run east.

exSuperShuttle

I've never received a 1 star ...why dont you share how you feel after getting one
Doesn't phase me whatsoever... I really don't care... 4.80 to 4.84 rating keeps my app active... I pull in my fair share of tips too... Much more important things to worry about...

Like those annoying messages U/L send you that you CAN'T reply to...

exSuperShuttle

I've never received a 1 star ...why dont you share how you feel after getting one
Never a 1* my azz... Everybody who has been here longer than a minute has a 1*. Everyone who has been here has had a rider trying to scam their way into a free ride with unjustified complaints and a 1* rating for spite...

Who you think you're fooling??? You crack me up...

And, I have 10 1* ratings in my last 500 rides showing... And guess what... I don't care...

dauction

Never a 1* my azz... Everybody who has been here longer than a minute has a 1*. Everyone who has been here has had a rider trying to scam their way into a free ride with unjustified complaints and a 1* rating for spite...

Who you think you're fooling??? You crack me up...

And, I have 10 1* ratings in my last 500 rides showing... And guess what... I don't care...

A couple things SS.... Now I am fairly new at this ..only 1300 rides but no 1 stars. The worst I jhave is a 3 star from a Lady that was upset because I denied her a ride because she didn't have a car seat for her 3 year old.

And again the issue for you seem to be and I quote you ...
I dont care
you have ten 1 Stars and you dont care ...

Have you considered that maybe it is time to start Caring? That the Job isnt about You but about your Passengers..they are paying your bills and ...if you don't "care" it's going to come back to you ..

BTW ..I Drive City Paratransit Bus for over 9 years .. have given over 90,000 rides

Kaal

He doesn't need to care and neither does anyone else. He can run his business the way he wants to. It's a "free" country.

exSuperShuttle

A couple things SS.... Now I am fairly new at this ..only 1300 rides but no 1 stars. The worst I jhave is a 3 star from a Lady that was upset because I denied her a ride because she didn't have a car seat for her 3 year old.

And again the issue for you seem to be and I quote you ... you have ten 1 Stars and you dont care ...

Have you considered that maybe it is time to start Caring? That the Job isnt about You but about your Passengers..they are paying your bills and ...if you don't "care" it's going to come back to you ..

BTW ..I Drive City Paratransit Bus for over 9 years .. have given over 90,000 rides
Wow, City Paratransit... Impressive... Paid by the hour I bet... So, 90,000 or 9 rides in 9 years I'll bet you made the same amount... You drove the shortbus for adults...
If you think that U/L are the first driving jobs I've had you're wrong... 35 years of professional driving work under my belt (along with plenty of twinkies too)...

Just wait until the day some paxhole throws you under the bus and you get a 24 or 48 hour "timeout" because said paxhole says they thought you were on drugs after you wouldn't stop for 10 minutes (or longer) to get coffee... There is another active thread with exactly this happening...

I'm getting (and so are you) roughly $1 a mile to transport these entitled paxholes from A to B. If they want to add an A.5 to the trip because they need coffee, pick up pizza, or shop at WalMart, they are going to pay for it or they are NOT getting it. I don't care what kind of hissy fit they throw.

Stops are for picking up / dropping of paxholes ONLY...

And now I know you are full of SH!T... Because if you denied a ride due to no carseat, that ride was CANCELLED and no rating can be made either way... So you're story is FAKE NEWS...

Once again... MY CAR / MY RULES...

dauction

Wow, City Paratransit... Impressive... Paid by the hour I bet... So, 90,000 or 9 rides in 9 years I'll bet you made the same amount... You drove the shortbus for adults...
If you think that U/L are the first driving jobs I've had you're wrong... 35 years of professional driving work under my belt (along with plenty of twinkies too)...

Just wait until the day some paxhole throws you under the bus and you get a 24 or 48 hour "timeout" because said paxhole says they thought you were on drugs after you wouldn't stop for 10 minutes (or longer) to get coffee... There is another active thread with exactly this happening...

I'm getting (and so are you) roughly $1 a mile to transport these entitled paxholes from A to B. If they want to add an A.5 to the trip because they need coffee, pick up pizza, or shop at WalMart, they are going to pay for it or they are NOT getting it. I don't care what kind of hissy fit they throw.

Stops are for picking up / dropping of paxholes ONLY...

And now I know you are full of SH!T... Because if you denied a ride due to no carseat, that ride was CANCELLED and no rating can be made either way... So you're story is FAKE NEWS...

Once again... MY CAR / MY RULES...

Have you considered taking a Anger Management Course..

exSuperShuttle

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Too funny..

Just replying to baseless complaining... I think that you and the rest of the minions here are the angry ones...

BikingBob

Non-smokers are going to get in and instantly sandbag your rating if it smells like cigarettes or weed. My last driver got 1 starred because his car stunk of weed and he drove me 18 minutes with all of the windows down.
Any question as to whether they were the ones smoking it? Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten in that car haha

Wraiththe

As a rider: It does not matter how much febreeze or nasty bombs you use in your car, it still stinks. (we can tell there is smoke, it is obvious) I would not get in a car with the scent bombs, or smoke, dont want to smell like it. Especially if I am wearing expensive clothes or going to a meeting where everyone can smell that cheap, low class funk. At the airport lot, I can smell these cars sometimes from 20 plus feet away.

As a driver: Many smoking passengers smoke up until the second they get in the car. They stink so bad I have pull over a block from drop off to wash and hopefully get the smell out of my seats. Often, I ask if I can roll the windows down for a few moments to let it air out a little. (They know why.) Often I am blunt and say they smell very strong and that they should air out or that it gets in my vents and stays the whole day. I used to smoke, I know what addiction is... and there is almost nothing you can say to a smoker beyond a comment that will not offend them. It is an addiction, still I let them know that no one wants to deal trying to get a smoker to quit... so they dont say anything, but they are thinking it... So I do.

The same thing goes for perfume. Many people cannot handle fragrance and it is reaching epidemic proportions. Some people put so much on before they get in that I cannot breath or I start seeing stars. So far two pax have actually sprayed it on in my car... and I about freaked. My car smelled like a @@@@@house for several days and I could not get the smell out by washing the seats. By the way, it does not mask issues... it only carries the smell further... to the point where we can taste it.
Put on a little to make people want to get closer, not repel them.
Vaping. Vaping makes me sick too. Do it in my car and you are out. Vape MJ in and you are OUT! I have never forcibly ejected anyone... subject me to a second hand high... and it might be a first.

Smoke in your car, great... you are an idiot. Don't care? Then you have a crappy work ethic, are narcissistic, and have no class or a serious addiction that is controlling you to make bad decisions. Blunt enough?

Even if you do not smoke in your car, but smoke... I guarantee you that your passengers notice it, no matter how much poison fragrance you pump in your car. I am sure they will at least appreciate you not smoking in the car, but many will still be grossed out when they smell you. And no toxic amount of perfume will help it. It only makes it worse.

So if you must smoke, do it away from your car. Do not pump toxic amounts of fragrance in your car or wear a lot of perfume either. Just a little. And drive with the windows open a few times a day... air you and your car out. wipe down the seats and your interior once or twice a week. Your passengers will appreciate it.

Have some pride, or don't.

On a related note, I go nuts when I see smokers toss their butts out the window. Take a look at the shoulder near a busy intersection with a 4-way light sometime. Pigs.
When I visited LA in the late seventies, I was told that people would shoot you for that. (Everyone carried guns in their cars.) Due to the water shortages, fires were easily started and people would freak if they saw a lit but thrown out a window on the freeway. It is not hard to imagine forest fires getting started that way.

(Unrelated: I have also seen drivers dump their ashtrays in the uber lot on the ground.)

Stevie The magic Unicorn

I used to get 1 stars for things like...

Telling them the 711 won't sell them alchohol after 2:00 AM... then driving them anyway, then they discover i was right.

Enforcing limits on the number of passengers (i actually started just canceling on em, a cancel here or there was less damaging then a 1 star for only letting 4 in.

"No i'm not going to take you, because there's 5 of you and i'd rather not make anything then get a 1 star, GTFO of my car right now!"
(yes if you cancel there's no 1 star for that)

exSuperShuttle

As a rider: It does not matter how much febreeze or nasty bombs you use in your car, it still stinks. (we can tell there is smoke, it is obvious) I would not get in a car with the scent bombs, or smoke, dont want to smell like it. Especially if I am wearing expensive clothes or going to a meeting where everyone can smell that cheap, low class funk. At the airport lot, I can smell these cars sometimes from 20 plus feet away.

As a driver: Many smoking passengers smoke up until the second they get in the car. They stink so bad I have pull over a block from drop off to wash and hopefully get the smell out of my seats. Often, I ask if I can roll the windows down for a few moments to let it air out a little. (They know why.) Often I am blunt and say they smell very strong and that they should air out or that it gets in my vents and stays the whole day. I used to smoke, I know what addiction is... and there is almost nothing you can say to a smoker beyond a comment that will not offend them. It is an addiction, still I let them know that no one wants to deal trying to get a smoker to quit... so they dont say anything, but they are thinking it... So I do.

The same thing goes for perfume. Many people cannot handle fragrance and it is reaching epidemic proportions. Some people put so much on before they get in that I cannot breath or I start seeing stars. So far two pax have actually sprayed it on in my car... and I about freaked. My car smelled like a *****house for several days and I could not get the smell out by washing the seats. By the way, it does not mask issues... it only carries the smell further... to the point where we can taste it.
Put on a little to make people want to get closer, not repel them.
Vaping. Vaping makes me sick too. Do it in my car and you are out. Vape MJ in and you are OUT! I have never forcibly ejected anyone... subject me to a second hand high... and it might be a first.

Smoke in your car, great... you are an idiot. Don't care? Then you have a crappy work ethic, are narcissistic, and have no class or a serious addiction that is controlling you to make bad decisions. Blunt enough?

Even if you do not smoke in your car, but smoke... I guarantee you that your passengers notice it, no matter how much poison fragrance you pump in your car. I am sure they will at least appreciate you not smoking in the car, but many will still be grossed out when they smell you. And no toxic amount of perfume will help it. It only makes it worse.

So if you must smoke, do it away from your car. Do not pump toxic amounts of fragrance in your car or wear a lot of perfume either. Just a little. And drive with the windows open a few times a day... air you and your car out. wipe down the seats and your interior once or twice a week. Your passengers will appreciate it.

Have some pride, or don't.

When I visited LA in the late seventies, I was told that people would shoot you for that. (Everyone carried guns in their cars.) Due to the water shortages, fires were easily started and people would freak if they saw a lit but thrown out a window on the freeway. It is not hard to imagine forest fires getting started that way.

(Unrelated: I have also seen drivers dump their ashtrays in the uber lot on the ground.)
Oh cry me a river you holier than thou non smokers... You write these novels on this thread thinking it makes you look better than anybody else...

If you're a pax, you paid for a ride... Period... Not to tell me how to drive, not to tell me what I can do in my car when you're not in it, and not to give me directions or any other directives... Get in, sit down, shut up (if you're in a bad mood), and get out when we get there... That's ALL you paid for... Not to be my mother or conscious...

If you refuse to enter my car as a pax, either you gonna cancel ride for $5, or I'm gonna wait out timer for $5... Thank you very much for the tip...

Snivel, piss, b!tch, moan and after all is said and done, it's still my car, my rules... Get over your holier than thou selves...

go take your own anger management classes if you don't like it... remember, it was you angry non smokers who started this thread...

And yes, the world IS my ashtray...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Las Vegas 11
IR12 San Francisco - East Bay 20
METRO3 Complaints 107