• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

*Smokers*

exSuperShuttle

Your driver must have been 5'2" and 130lbs... I'm a bit bigger and most put their heads down and walk away... Either way, you're the exception, not the rule. Anonymous ratings and write ups SUCK... People are too brave when nobody knows who they are...

RoWode12

My car... My rules...

I'm sick and tired of you hoity toity non smokers crying like little biotches over things you have NO CONTROL over. Suck it up buttercup and get in the car and STFU... You can stick your 1* where the sun don't shine. I don't care...

None of you crying b!tches EVER have the guts to say something to my face. You simply use the rating system and the anonymity of complaining AFTER you're safely out of sight. I have NO RESPECT for people like you...
I like you.

PS. I’m a smoker. (Mostly ecigs these days, but occasional regular smoker. )

I don’t smoke in my car or my home because of my kids. Even if it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t smoke in my RS car as I know it bothers a lot of people.

I can totally respect those who have the balls to say “ FU, it’s my car!” It’s true.

Tons of cabbies smoke in their cabs. The difference is they’re not slaves to this ridiculous rating system.

Pax doesn’t like it, they don’t get in.

Bbonez

My car... My rules...
I dont smoke but I agree 100%. I also think if own a restaurant I should be the one who decides if people can smoke inside. Big government thinks otherwise, soon your freedom to smoke in a rideshare vehicle will be outlawed.

mbd

If a passenger can bring food into your car and stink it up , then certainly you have the right to smoke in your car.

Westerner

Cigarettes stink to high heaven. Thank god I quit decades ago. And you have to be an idiot to use any THC products (including edibles) if you do rideshare. Any major accident and it shows up un your system then bend over, no lube.

If a passenger can bring food into your car and stink it up , then certainly you have the right to smoke in your car.
Yes you do, and passengers have a right to cancel and dispute any fees because of it

henrygates

Any offensive smells are going to wind up getting downrated. Even air fresheners can be excessive and awful.

It goes both ways. Pax are free to decline a nasty car and order another one, just don't get mad and don't expect a cancel fee.

LAbDog65

I don’t smoke myself but there have been times when people got into the car that obviously had been smoking. Immediately I hit last ride knowing after I drop them off I will have to air out the car for awhile and hope I have enough air freshener.

henrygates

I don’t smoke myself but there have been times when people got into the car that obviously had been smoking. Immediately I hit last ride knowing after I drop them off I will have to air out the car for awhile and hope I have enough air freshener.
That can be rough. I never kick them out once they're in just for smelling of smoke, but I see them with a cigarette as I arrive I cancel and move on.

Christinebitg

I used to work in refineries and chemical plants. A slight whiff of some tobacco smoke or Mary Jane doesn't give me any anxiety.

Sure, roll the windows down for a while, on the way to the next pickup. Most sane people don't lose a lot of sleep over it.

I suppose that someone who has severe asthma might legitimately have a beef about it. Or people from California who think they'll live forever if they eat organic food and do yoga every day.

In the words of a general in World War I, "Come on, you sons of bi***es! Do you want to live forever?"

Christine

Kaal

I'm a smoker but I don't smoke in my car. And yes it stinks.

Mints and hand sanitizer are your friends.

4.97 lyft 4.95 uber over a combined 2k rides.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Las Vegas 11
IR12 San Francisco - East Bay 20
METRO3 Complaints 107