1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

*Smokers*

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Djlab9er, Sep 14, 2018 at 7:16 AM.

1. Djlab9er

Djlab9er New Member

Do you smoke in your car regularly before and after driving pax(I assume not during)? If so, any complaints received?

2. Texie Driver

Texie Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    you will get 1starred into oblivion if you smoke in your car.

Immoralized, Surgeio, Ezridax and 6 others like this.
  3. benson555zz

benson555zz Well-Known Member

I steer with my knee and hit the crack pipe with my torch while driving pax

4. Texie Driver

Driving:
    UberX
    doesn't that cause you to crush the beer can between your knees? or just stick with longneck bottles?

NoPooPool, Fostel, Fuzzyelvis and 9 others like this.
  5. benson555zz

Thats why there are cupholders my friend

6. Texie Driver

Driving:
    UberX
    oh i had to pawn those to supplement my Uber pay

HolikDad, Ezridax, FXService and 2 others like this.
  7. Merc7186

Merc7186 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Please, for the love of dog, do not smoke in your car if you drive.

Non-smokers are going to get in and instantly sandbag your rating if it smells like cigarettes or weed. My last driver got 1 starred because his car stunk of weed and he drove me 18 minutes with all of the windows down.

Fostel, dauction, Ezridax and 3 others like this.
  8. Bbonez

Bbonez Active Member

That's not fair. I don't smoke weed but I live in CA land of the idiots. The morons in CA are trying to outlaw tobacco while simultaneously decriminalizing marijuana. If I were to decline every rider that smelled like pot I would not give many rides. That being said, I have been told by other PAXs that my car smells like weed sometimes.

To the OPs question. You live in NY just as bad as CA, if you smoke in your car don't be surprised if you get sued for 2nd or 3rd hand smoke inhalation.

FXService and Djlab9er like this.
  9. benson555zz

Cigarettes smell disgusting

The only marijuana you smell are the idiots who still smoke flowers

Burning and inhaling the products of combustion is idiotic in the era of thc and nicotine vaping

Fostel likes this.
  10. Buch

Buch New Member

I typically won't even throw my cigarette out until riders are actually getting in the car. But that's mostly at night. I also ***** about Uber, drive with my knees and insert as many sarcastic remarks that I can into the conversation. Not to mention touching my phone while in motion. In addition to these behaviors I rudely deny any stupid drive thru request and I literally threw my aux cord out the window once after some girl played some God awful rap song. That same week grown men threw a hissy fit because I denied them access to my Bluetooth. Not lying. Grown men. Hissy fit. 5000 rides and 4.9+ rating. I treat almost everyone of my riders like ****, and honestly if they think Uber is a good thing... They deserve a reality check. I'm going back to pizza delivery

Fostel and BikingBob like this.
  11. Lee239

Lee239 Well-Known Member

and they better spray Fabreeze in the car after a smoke outside.

I have had a few customers that smoke so much and they stink so badly that I could taste the smoke in my mouth.

islanddriver likes this.
  12. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There's no odor that a few squirts of Ozonium and a few minutes down the highway with the windows rolled down won't cure.

13. Termie

Termie Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Febreeze vent clips rule from orbit. I get compliments on how my car smells right after I put one out. 2 years, 4.8 rating, still driving and smoking hard.

It’s YOUR car, Hoss. Do what you wish.

-Termie, smoker

14. buzzoven

buzzoven New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    A 40 ounce bottle provides for superior manspreading.

Texie Driver likes this.
  15. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I usually say no to cigarettes, but if they offer money, I will light their cigarette for them and give them an ashtray lol

Money talks lol

And as someone else mentioned, just roll the windows down and I usually air it out, and pop in a new vent clip

16. Texie Driver

Driving:
    UberX
    it is true but it is so hard to manage a whole 40 and the bong at the same time

Mista T likes this.
  17. RoWode12

RoWode12 Well-Known Member

Just don’t.

That smell will be in the headliner, on the windows, the seats, everywhere.

18. FXService

FXService Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    As a non smoker, I can tell if you smoke in your car. I will cancel the ride and attempt a refund for the cancellation fee explaining your car smelled of tobacco. Especially if you have cloth seats. I don't want to be near it or smell it.

And why would you even smoke in your car?
    It ruins the interior by discoloring the headliner, absorbing the odor. If you drop ashes it burns your seats and carpets. Is it that hard for you to pull over and smoke outside? Same with people eating in their cars.

Wraiththe and Abbysomeone like this.
  19. exSuperShuttle

exSuperShuttle Well-Known Member

My car... My rules...

I'm sick and tired of you hoity toity non smokers crying like little biotches over things you have NO CONTROL over. Suck it up buttercup and get in the car and STFU... You can stick your 1* where the sun don't shine. I don't care...

None of you crying b!tches EVER have the guts to say something to my face. You simply use the rating system and the anonymity of complaining AFTER you're safely out of sight. I have NO RESPECT for people like you...

Termie likes this.
  20. FXService

FXService Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Actually the one time I canceled due to tobacco smoke, I told the driver I was canceling because of it. Of course he got all pissy telling me he didn't care because he was getting a cancellation fee and drove off. I don't care or not. I got my $10 refund. (It was a Select request)

Abbysomeone likes this.