SMF queue

uberrat7

Was close to the Sacramento airport when I got a text saying "HEAD TO THE SMF STAGING AREA TO QUICKLY RECEIVE AN AIRPORT REQUEST. Wait times are short with only 4 cars waiting"

When I got here it told me 6-16 minutes to wait in the queue. I've been here 43 minutes now. It's said "0-10 minutes" for 12 minutes. I assume I'm next so I won't leave but won't be coming back out here for awhile.

MrA

I got a ride from Folsom to SMF this afternoon. I got in the cue, 16-25 minutes. I found a site that lists arriving planes. I waited an hour and left. As I was leaving I was pinged. Short ride to the truck stop, 9 miles, 7 bucks. SMF has been a waste of time for me.

bingybingyfoo

Only SMF pick up I ever had, I was seven miles away. I skipped it, got it again. It was only like 1030p, strange AND annoying.
My other job is located at the airport but once I figured out I wasn't counted while I did stuff there, I never have waited at SMF. I guess that was the best choice.

Jeeper1

Was close to the Sacramento airport when I got a text saying "HEAD TO THE SMF STAGING AREA TO QUICKLY RECEIVE AN AIRPORT REQUEST. Wait times are short with only 4 cars waiting"

When I got here it told me 6-16 minutes to wait in the queue. I've been here 43 minutes now. It's said "0-10 minutes" for 12 minutes. I assume I'm next so I won't leave but won't be coming back out here for awhile.
Basically, the same experience for me at SMF, last night, a busy flight travellers' Friday night @ SMF:

Zero calls/requests after leaving lucrative downtown area, for one hour (NOT counting the to/from round-trip, per Uber's app instructions to rush there!?!

T Richuber

I went from only doing south sac in the am ( south land park/ LP). A month ago I started doing airport runs and at first it was great! I would wait 10-30 minutes and get 20$ fares. Now I go and the queue will say 6-16 and a hour later I get a ride to del paso... garbage! Bay Area is where the money is folks. Sacramento sucks

Teresadawn

Same stories here..the stretch of road where we are to wait......found out you won't get pinged just anywhere along the strip of road...I was under a tree a short distance from the other drivers..waiting waiting waiting..a driver came through..parked closer to the other cars..boom he got a call.stopped to tell me I won't get a call from this spot.saying he got here after me an was pinged before me..to move 20 feet..I moved 20 feet..boom got a call..otherwise it's a joke...

Surge-Protector

I assume that all drivers have gotten that text from Uber when anywhere north of downtown or near Natomas that says to go to SMF Aiport and that there are only 4 cars waiting. Every single time, at least 15-20 cars waiting. Got to assume all of their apps are online, so what is the point of lying to drivers to go to there with short wait times? There isn't high demand obviously, don't get it.

Ang123

I waited in the new staging lot tonight for almost 2 hours and then my app just shut off. I could have gotten lots of rides around town, but nooooo I was sitting at the airport for nothing at all:mad:

crazy916

The text and alerts from Uber are based off the old staging area. Ignore them until it is fixed.

The wait time is completely depend on flights arriving. Unlike some major airports Sacramento does not have flights arriving all day. Check the airport website for arrivals or download FlightAware or FlightStats to view when flights are coming in and make your decision on if you stay then.

Surge-Protector

Currently sitting in the SAC Airport lot right now. (Had a drop-off recently)

Not too many cars, but I got the text that there's only one car waiting. There was no old staging area before, so not sure how uber app could be working off of that.

NightWorld

I can't do SMF because the system won't put me in the queue when I am in the new staging area. Parked there, the queue timer does not appear in my driver app (it used to on Bayou Way). Last time I parked in the new staging lot I got ride requests for Woodland and Davis.
Contacted Uber and they returned canned requests about restarting my phone, lol.

cooberpedy15

Now they say there's only two cars and when you show up at the waiting area there's like 20. The app no longer tells you the waiting time in queue. It's a fool's game waiting at the airport.

MrA

Now they say there's only two cars and when you show up at the waiting area there's like 20. The app no longer tells you the waiting time in queue. It's a fool's game waiting at the airport.
After having experienced pick ups at Oakland, SFO, and san Jose airports, I can tell you that Sacramento airport is a joke. There is no waiting whatsoever at these airports. At SFO, I had a pick up as soon as I dropped off at the airport. I spent a day just going back and forth between SF hotels to SFO and did very well. I accepted no other requests but from addresses of hotels I was near. Just drive near the entrance to SJC on Skyport, immediate terminal pickups. Drop off at SMF, then don't bother waiting around, you'll be waiting a long time.

Surge-Protector

Yeah.... Those mass generic text messages about go to the airport are totally false. It's a trap!!!! Don't do it!!!
Why does UBER send those text messages out if there are already plenty of cars there at the airport? Who benefits from the text messages then?

Raven707

I detect your sarcasm. Please tell how successful you have been at SMF.
☺ I have only gotten 1 pickup at the airport and that was like my 2nd day driving. I've been driving a month now. I don't go there unless I have a drop off and maybe I will go to the waiting area and maybe not. If I do I don't wait for more than 10 min.

Reactions: MrA