Smart Uber

Tom2828

So Uber probably know that we logging off and wait for the surge, but what the hell Uber think about his riders ?

Prahan 8am Monday morning, 33 minutes pick up time and no surge !

2016-07-03 22.06.18.png

vgarhk

I had a pax told me long ago that uber doesnt kill the taxi, they killed themselves because they couldn't provides services that met customer s expectations. Most passenger agreed that one of the best things from uber is they dont need to wait forever liked taxi.

Uber had some good times for both driver and passenger but looks like they are trying hard to mess up everyone now.

joffie

I picked up a lady this morning and she was mentioning something has happened in the past month and usually she gets a car in 5 mins sometimes she is getting drivers from 25 minutes away.
I mentioned lots of drivers have quit due to the rate cuts, and uber are increasing the radius to kill the surge. She said yeah makes sense has not seen any morning surge so drivers are just logging off.
I failed to mention I only picked her up (no surge) because it was a destination filter job.

joffie

Next time I go down I might book an UBER to take me on a minimum fare trip and hope the driver has water mints candy AC newspapers AUX cables phone chargers and leather seats.

sporadic

And downrate if the candy is not to your liking. Or if the water is some Coles/Woolworths store brand and not Evian :biggrin:
Next time I go down I might book an UBER to take me on a minimum fare trip and hope the driver has water mints candy AC newspapers AUX cables phone chargers and leather seats.

Graham J

Folks, my theory that Uber's Melbourne management is just plain dumb seems to be reinforced as every day goes by. A 33 minute ping to PRAHAN on a Monday morning; you just have to be joking and what are those morons in Cremorne thinking? They are completely delusional or they have absolutely no say in how they run their business here. Either way we are witnessing the implosion of a good business!
I had a pax told me long ago that uber doesnt kill the taxi, they killed themselves
Uber had a good thing and they've managed to break it and when, not if, the taxi industry gets it's act together then they will reclaim the roads!

joffie

They sent me a SMS saying riders are loving my service and getting heaps of 5 stars.
I sent a SMS back asking them to raise the rates :rolleyes:.
Funny, no response :p

In a way, I am happy the riders are getting screwed and drivers are taking a stand. If they put us 20% commission onto 25% commission than that is the end for me.

daredevil

I had a pax told me long ago that uber doesnt kill the taxi, they killed themselves because they couldn't provides services that met customer s expectations. Most passenger agreed that one of the best things from uber is they dont need to wait forever liked taxi.

Uber had some good times for both driver and passenger but looks like they are trying hard to mess up everyone now.
Pax only care about dollars not uber service. Try getting a customer of 3.2x surge. That's when they smiling in their taxis. Most of uber customers are cheaps who go pop pills, spend 150$ on drinks and then want to squeeze the ride home for 10 bucks and have 4 Kents in the car.

Tom2828

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even 1.5 surge and customer asking me why it's so expensive..
I tell them that it's cheaper than a taxi and they can't believe me until the end

joffie

Isn't the office just run by gen X hipsters? Perhaps if adults with proper business experience worked there than this crap would not be happening. Seriously they are out of touch.
I think all Uber office employees should drive for a month and see how it really is.

LevelX

9 requests in a row this morning 20 - 28 minutes away from Noble Park, I was locked out 3 times
God I hate that..... The same request over and over, Its like WHY FUBER WHY!?

Prahan 8am Monday morning, 33 minutes pick up time and no surge !
I'm shocked.... How can this even BE!? What was the pax app saying was the closest car? :rolleyes:

They are completely delusional or they have absolutely no say in how they run their business here. Either way we are witnessing the implosion of a good business!
Completely delusional...... They had a great business model and slowly they are killing it, piece by piece. screwed the drivers over, now screwing the paxs over with loooooong pings.

I'm also getting spammed for the $600 referral, they clearly want more drivers on the road!