Smart as Pax book on Surge and cancel rebook on base rate

Bob28

My second exp with pax this time in Ringwood ping 15 min
They getting smarter and nastier they will book ride on surge on long pings
They will get u closer their friend will monitor the app if in min or two surge is gone or dropped they will cancel and rebook again.
This happend to me second time in a week
First time just refuse to accept their second non surge ping in brighton
Second time i did pick them up still was Surge 1.5 ringwood
Original ping was 2
Before end their trip
Just i did told them i know what are doing ,only i did accept u fare because was still on surge
other ways will just ignore u request u will need to wait again for next closest car and around Ringwood on sat could be another 20 min waiting
They probably rate me low but did rate them one*

laureb

Yeah, specially the young ones. Pretty Smart. End of the day, the choice still falls on the drivers to either accept or reject it.

You are right. At least it was still a surge , so you did well to accept it

LevelX

I'm from the Ringwood area and haven't found this yet by any paxs. So looks to be just one pax you seem to be lucky with.

In theory if you're on scheduled for your ETA and they cancel after 5 mins from you accepting the trip, then you'll get a $10 payment. So its not a total loss and just like joffie I'll only accept a re-ping if its at the same or higher surge rate. If lower, then no. Won't reward the pax by accepting it. They can wait for a longer car.

I'm more shocked your accepted a ping from Ringwood when in Brighton and only at 1.5x surge. Way too risky.

Bob28

I'm from the Ringwood area and haven't found this yet by any paxs. So looks to be just one pax you seem to be lucky with.

In theory if you're on scheduled for your ETA and they cancel after 5 mins from you accepting the trip, then you'll get a $10 payment. So its not a total loss and just like joffie I'll only accept a re-ping if its at the same or higher surge rate. If lower, then no. Won't reward the pax by accepting it. They can wait for a longer car.

I'm more shocked your accepted a ping from Ringwood when in Brighton and only at 1.5x surge. Way too risky.
They are two separate fares in same week i was 15 from pax in ringwood and they do cancel before 5 min smart asses pax
Plying Uber pax app in their advantage
read better levelx

Bob28

Sh!t Bob... maybe learn to write better, something that doesn't look like what the cat threw up and people might understand what you're trying to say better.

The english language has this wonderful thing call punctuation. Try it.

I'm done, Carry on.
Buddy one thing u to read other thing is to comprehend and get the point

Bob28

What school did you go to Bob? That is just sh!t writing. No wonder people have trouble understanding you.
Buddy english is my second Lang In Aus from 97
And in my time in Oz found out some of them born and raised in OZ they can't read or write at all
At least i have learned some english so i can comunicate with people
And this young gen are nothing better they can only write sms LOL

uberist

They will get u closer their friend will monitor the app if in min or two surge is gone or dropped they will cancel and rebook again.
I've gotten bit by these snakes, I've heard of other drivers playing hide n seek with them until the pax cancels.

malbi

Buddy english is my second Lang In Aus from 97
And in my time in Oz found out some of them born and raised in OZ they can't read or write at all
At least i have learned some english so i can comunicate with people
And this young gen are nothing better they can only write sms LOL
Ok. Credit to you. I'll give you a tip though. Your English needs to improve.

sporadic

Only if the surge is sustained during "busy hours" e.g. Saturday night. Otherwise... Doesn't usually happen!

And if they cancel and reping at a lower multiplier, they can go wait for the next guy to pick them up...

Sometimes they book on a surge, cancel and rebook on a higher surge :wink:

Punkdriver

Original ping was 2
Before end their trip
Just i did told them i know what are doing ,only i did accept u fare because was still on surge
other ways will just ignore u request u will need to wait again for next closest car and around Ringwood on sat could be another 20 min waiting

If this happen with me; I will accept 2nd ping from same passenger happily but I will move in exactly opposite direction. If they try to give me a call or message I will not answer them. It's usually the passenger who has to cancel at the end.

Rat

Original ping was 2
Before end their trip
I'd accept the second ping, but don't pick them up. I'd drive by them and go around the corner, wait five, collect cancel fee

Last edited: