Small towns are not ready for Uber

SadUber

Uber is clearly not for everyone. I just got home after visiting Eagan. I went on Facebook to check it out and I saw that some of my classmates had posted various pictures and videos from the class reunion that I attended back In summer. Actually, there's probably dozens of hours of video there that all of the classmates collectively have posted.

As you can imagine, most of the video is very boring. Just videos of people standing around with beers talking. I hunted around until I could find videos of myself. I was happy to find a video of when some classmates were climbing into my Uber. I watched as we drove away laughing and with the music blasting.

I thought everybody was laughing with me. They were not. They were laughing AT Uber.

As soon as my car drove off, I could hear Jeff wogan's dorky voice say "What an ass. He thinks everyone is supposed to be impressed by his Uber job." (I want to punch him in his lady lips and big Adams apple!)

I could hear Mara Straub say "I guess he asked Tammy to request an Uber so we could all see what he's doing. (Lots of drunk laughter)

I could hear Mara say "Angie just texted me. She says (saduber) just asked Jessie for her phone number!"
(More laughter)
"She just gave him her Chiropracter's nunber! Hahaha" (Don't know what I was thinking. They both sure got fat and ugly. Especially considering Angie's supposedly some kind of fitness instructor now.)
"Angie says she just spilled beer on the backseat! Hahahaha"

I don't really want to go into much more detail about this. Just a bunch of more crap I heard these giggling idiots saying. Now i remember why I never had interest in seeing these people after school graduation.

The thing is, these are mostly small town Hicks, many who have relocated to Minneapolis but never lost their ignorance. They do not understand new things like uber. And when they do not understand it, they fear it. And when they fear it, they mock it.

Since Jeff wogan is supposedly a part-time Uber driver, I suppose he understands it. But he still thinks we are in high school and he is still trying to get popular with the "cool kids."

I really regret downloading Facebook. It's nothing except for just a bunch of crap. It's just millions of people living their perfect happy lives. I came across a former family member and it made me so miserable to see what I saw. I'm just tired of it and I'm going to delete my account.

I feel so tired out after a long day that I just want to lay down in my bed with my cat and sleep. Except now she is old and weak and no longer jumps on the bed, so I'll just lie on the floor.

bestpals

I thought everybody was laughing with me. They were not. They were laughing AT Uber.
As soon as my car drove off, I could hear Jeff wogan's dorky voice say "What an ass. He thinks everyone is supposed to be impressed by his Uber job." (I want to punch him in his lady lips and big Adams apple!)
Since Jeff wogan is supposedly a part-time Uber driver, I suppose he understands it. But he still thinks we are in high school and he is still trying to get popular with the "cool kids."
No, They were laughing at you!!!!!!
If this is what Jeff is thinking then why would he want to hang out with you. From All your posts on this site I have come to the conclusion that you are a Total Loser who makes up stories because you're trying to be accepted. Trying to hard, at that. We are laughing at you, also.

Last edited:

steveK2016

The thing is, these are mostly small town Hicks, many who have relocated to Minneapolis but never lost their ignorance. They do not understand new things like uber. And when they do not understand it, they fear it. And when they fear it, they mock it.

Uber Corporate is worth $68 billion dollars. They fear it as much as they fear McDonalds, a $33 Billion dollar corporation.

If you walked in saying you worked at Uber Corporate earning $200k + a year, much like if you said you worked at McDonalds Corporate, you'd probably at least gotten a Handy from Maria.

Instead you walked in saying you were an Uber Driver, which is like saying you work at MdDonalds dipping frozen potato strips into deep fryers. It ain't impressive in the least bit.

SEAL Team 5

I think I remember watching that episode of "Saved By the Bell, the College Years" with my 11 year old daughter. She really liked it. Don't get too upset, but she laughed at you too.

DocT

I just want to lay down in my bed with my cat and sleep. Except now she is old and weak and no longer jumps on the bed, so I'll just lie on the floor.
Same happened to mine. Got old, couldn't jump or run anymore. Made a ramp up to the bed so he could sleep with me and wife. Got older, and couldn't get up the ramp anymore. Got home from work, he laid in a makeshift bed I made the week prior. Wasn't moving, body still a little warm, not breathing, resting in peace. :frown:

SadUber You should care less of what your former classmates think. You are in control of your life decisions.

Sure we mock you here. But we are all under the anonymity of the internet. And so are you. Yet, you publicize your endeavors knowing full well the outcome and consequences of what UP members will do to you. By reading a majority of your postings, you are not naive, yet you try to play the roll. Perhaps seeking the attention of strangers whom you never will have to deal with in person. You know you will not receive the positive reinforcement, yet you continue. Whether you embellish your stories or not, you received gratification from posters who look forward to your next project.

Your first postings reminded me of DRider85 , so I initially thought you two were the same using different accounts.

Choose your path wisely and from your heart. And don't ever buy tacos for pax. Never! Ever! And remember, the Cancel button is your friend. The taser is your buddy. And the dashcam is your lawyer.

Now then, get back out there! Bars are closed. Drunks need rides home. :eek:

BTW, what kind of cat do you have?

Dontmakemepullauonyou

Uber is clearly not for everyone. I just got home after visiting Eagan. I went on Facebook to check it out and I saw that some of my classmates had posted various pictures and videos from the class reunion that I attended back In summer. Actually, there's probably dozens of hours of video there that all of the classmates collectively have posted.

As you can imagine, most of the video is very boring. Just videos of people standing around with beers talking. I hunted around until I could find videos of myself. I was happy to find a video of when some classmates were climbing into my Uber. I watched as we drove away laughing and with the music blasting.

I could hear Mara Straub say "I guess he asked Tammy to request an Uber so we could all see what he's doing. (Lots of drunk laughter)

I could hear Mara say "Angie just texted me. She says (saduber) just asked Jessie for her phone number!"
(More laughter)
"She just gave him her Chiropracter's nunber! Hahaha" (Don't know what I was thinking. They both sure got fat and ugly. Especially considering Angie's supposedly some kind of fitness instructor now.)
"Angie says she just spilled beer on the backseat! Hahahaha"

I don't really want to go into much more detail about this. Just a bunch of more crap I heard these giggling idiots saying. Now i remember why I never had interest in seeing these people after school graduation.

I really regret downloading Facebook. It's nothing except for just a bunch of crap. It's just millions of people living their perfect happy lives. I came across a former family member and it made me so miserable to see what I saw. I'm just tired of it and I'm going to delete my account.

I feel so tired out after a long day that I just want to lay down in my bed with my cat and sleep. Except now she is old and weak and no longer jumps on the bed, so I'll just lie on the floor.
People are cruel and mean... that's just life.

I got this a-hole I ran into at a party last weekend. Knew him from high school he sort of stole a great girl from me back then. Now I have his current hotty girlfriend in my DM's. Revenge will be sweet.

SadUber

Same happened to mine. Got old, couldn't jump or run anymore. Made a ramp up to the bed so he could sleep with me and wife. Got older, and couldn't get up the ramp anymore. Got home from work, he laid in a makeshift bed I made the week prior. Wasn't moving, body still a little warm, not breathing, resting in peace. :frown:

SadUber You should care less of what your former classmates think. You are in control of your life decisions.

Sure we mock you here. But we are all under the anonymity of the internet. And so are you. Yet, you publicize your endeavors knowing full well the outcome and consequences of what UP members will do to you. By reading a majority of your postings, you are not naive, yet you try to play the roll. Perhaps seeking the attention of strangers whom you never will have to deal with in person. You know you will not receive the positive reinforcement, yet you continue. Whether you embellish your stories or not, you received gratification from posters who look forward to your next project.

Your first postings reminded me of DRider85 , so I initially thought you two were the same using different accounts.

Choose your path wisely and from your heart. And don't ever buy tacos for pax. Never! Ever! And remember, the Cancel button is your friend. The taser is your buddy. And the dashcam is your lawyer.

Now then, get back out there! Bars are closed. Drunks need rides home. :eek:

BTW, what kind of cat do you have?
Thanks for your advice. I don't care anymore. I think I've just learned a lot.

My cat is a Maine Coon Cat. I'll try with the ramp.

People are cruel and mean... that's just life.

I got this a-hole I ran into at a party last weekend. Knew him from high school he sort of stole a great girl from me back then. Now I have his current hotty girlfriend in my DM's. Revenge will be sweet.
Yes, revenge would be sweet
Any suggestions?

MHR

Good old class reunions, now there's a thread but it's not related to Uber so I will only say my husband has never been invited back for a class reunion after my conversation with the President of the school board. My husband loved it cause he never liked the dude anyway.

F the people from high school SadUber. You didn't like them then so why worry about them now.

FB sux. People don't post the whole truth or they only post about the good stuff going on. You never see a dude post 'It burns when I pee' or a mom post 'At this moment I loathe all of my children equally'.

Sorry about your cat.

kdyrpr

I don't advertise the fact that I drive for UBER, even if it is part-time. Driving for UBER will never be a status symbol nor anybody's idea of success. Unfortunately, quite the contrary

UberBastid

My wife built a ramp so that I could get on the bed -- but she found that was only half the problem.

When you get to be as old as your cat you come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what other people think about you. Not a bit. And once you come to that realization you become a lot calmer - but surprisingly more likely to call 'bullshit' when you hear it.
As you flip them off, people just roll their eyes at you - and a zen like calmness washes over you.

SadUber

What I have learned over the past couple of weeks. There are basically two kinds of people, Facebook people and uberpeople. Net people.

These groups of people could not be more opposites of one another. Facebook people tend to be happy people with perfect families, perfect vacations, perfect girlfriends, and perfect lives.

UP people are those who have known hardship in their life and are probably still struggling with hardship. That is why you see so many complaints here, UP people are those who have gotten screwed again and again.

Facebook people take pictures of the meal and beer they are consuming. UP people take pictures of puked up beer and meals.

Facebook people go to five star resorts. UP people bust their butts to get 5 Star reviews.

I can now see that my exwife and I could never be together. She is now a full fledged Facebook person while I am now a full fledged UberPeople person. It just angered me and made me sick to check in on her. I remember my daughter would always ask her mom for a new hamster and my ex-wife would always say " no, your father will probably just drown it like your last hamster." It was a freak accident that my ex-wife never let myself nor my daughter ever forget. Guess what, I just saw that my daughter now has a new hamster.

Facebook is nothing more than a disgusting popularity contest. I am not exaggerating, but Tammy Lee stated that she just bought a new vacuum cleaner. She got over 90 likes! I posted about how I was about to experience the full eclipse in Missouri. Only Christy O'Connell and Mike Reasoner clicked like on my post. And they are both basically like 2hunt4 in Facebook, they click like on everything.

So I am taking down my Facebook today. I have no business being there. It's mostly bad people there. Don't get me wrong, there's of course good people there like Mike and Christy, just as there are bad people here like MocksCryBabies. Best Pals, and Jcewr17.

But good hearted people like Spotcat, wk1102, AzFrosty, Tr4vis Ka1anick, trafficat, and DocT are the rule here, not the exception.

I am learning to appreciate the complaining attitude here much more than the smarmy " look at my perfect life" you see on Facebook.

The people here are really starting to feel like a family to me.

Last edited:

wk1102

What I have learned over the past couple of weeks. There are basically two kinds of people, Facebook people and uberpeople. Net people.

These groups of people could not be more opposites of one another. Facebook people tend to be happy people with perfect families, perfect vacations, perfect girlfriends, and perfect lives.

UP people are those who have known hardship in their life and are probably still struggling with hardship. That is why you see so many complaints here, UP people are those who have gotten screwed again and again.

Facebook people take pictures of the meal and beer they are consuming. UP people take pictures of puked up beer and meals.

Facebook people go to five star resorts. UP people bust their butts to get 5 Star reviews.

I can now see that my exwife and I could never be together. She is now a full fledged Facebook person while I am now a full fledged UberPeople person. It just angered me and made me sick to check in on her. I remember my daughter would always ask her mom for a new hamster and my ex-wife would always say " no, your father will probably just drown it like your last hamster." It was a freak accident that my ex-wife never let myself nor my daughter ever forget. Guess what, I just saw that my daughter now has a new hamster.

Facebook is nothing more than a disgusting popularity contest. I am not exaggerating, but Tammy Lee stated that she just bought a new vacuum cleaner. She got over 90 likes! I posted about how I was about to experience the full eclipse in Missouri. Only Christy O'Connell and Mike Reasoner clicked like on my post. And they are both basically like 2hunt4 in Facebook, they click like on everything.

So I am taking down my Facebook today. I have no business being there. It's mostly bad people there. Don't get me wrong, there's of course good people there like Mike and Christy, just as there are bad people here like MocksCryBabies. Best Pals, and Jcewr17.

But good hearted people like Spotcat, AzFrosty, and DocT are the rule here, not the exception.

I am learning to appreciate the complaining attitude here much more than the smarmy " look at my perfect life" you see on Facebook.

The people here are really starting to feel like a family to me.

Welcome to to darkness!

I don't get Facebook people either. The only times I've been on FB is to check up (spy) on my daughter.

Now, how did you drown a hamster?

SadUber

Aren't they all?

Give the condensed version

Okay, my six-year-old daughter had a pet hamster and I was always helping her make cool things for her hamster like boats, cars, tunnels that run through the house, Etc.

We used to have a huge fish aquarium. I think it was about a hundred gallon aquarium. I thought it would be cool if the hamster could live underwater in the aquarium. So I got the Habitrail, and I took it to this friend I know who helps me out with lots of my projects. I call him Doc Brown, like from Back to the Future. He loves that I call him Doc Brown but he's actually a lot more like the redneck cousin from Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation.

This guy helped me make the Habitrail in the tunnels connecting to it completely waterproof using silicone. We then put some tubes in that were connected to an air pump to make sure fresh air would continue to get down into the Habittrail.

I put heavy weights at the bottom of the cage so stay at the bottom of the aquarium. The hamster had a tube going up from the cage so it could climb out of the aquarium anytime run around in tunnels going around the house anytime it wanted to. I made sure that the food and bedding was down in the aquarium so it would have big incentive to stay down with the fish.

When it was going well I was a hero. My daughter was always bringing friends over to the house to show it off to them. Well one day when everyone was away from home, Mister Sniffy Fuzz decided to chew away at the Silicon that was waterproofing the cage. The stupid thing could have ran up the tunnel to escape anytime he wanted to!