Slowest day so far.

KGB7

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's dead out there. Just finished another ride.
2 rides in 3.5 hours.

uberdriver

It's dead out there. Just finished another ride.
2 rides in 3.5 hours.
Dead is a relative concept. It may be dead in terms of pings for you. But there is a gazillion of UberX drivers out there driving around looking for a passenger everywhere in the DMV area right now. And they are all very alive and fighting to get the few crumbs that they may end up making. Uber on !

KGB7

We had a little drizzle for half hour in DC and MC county.

5 hours and 3 rides. Made enough money to cover fuel cost for the day.

Last edited:

Emp9

relaxing on couch. i skip mon-tuesday always. some tuesdays i have done ok but its hit and miss and i dont want to risk wasting gas and whats infinitly worse my relax time from my main job.

KGB7

Had 2 no shows and 1 wrong address. $12 in 2 hours.

Ive always driven Tuesdays and this is the slowest I've seen so far.

Ubermanpt

What area were you in tonight? I've been lucky getting tourists the last 2 weeks on weekday nights. Most requests were pick ups from dinner or the monuments.
I was going to head out for a couple hours but I think I'm going to enjoy the new bottle of captain Morgan instead. Had 2 decent weeks after my break, so I'll take this week off (heading to beach this weekend) and drive again next week.

Uberest

Maybe i was just lucky.... I did $83.82 from 6:30 am to 8:30 am and from 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm, 11 trips.....but I agree the pings did not come quickly. In the afternoon I tried waiting for a DCA ping, wasted at least 30 minutes if not more. I don't get the trick.... If there is one.... To airport pickups. The ones I have had came immediately after a drop off. I get that there appears to be a FIFO queue..... But it must be a really long list, and I can't just sit!!

Today was more time than I usually can devote to uber.

I don't know how y'all full timers do it dy in day out..... I do not think it s easy work..... I have lived in the area a long Time but I hVe been really surprised by what I do NOT know about routes in our area. I have made many implement errors ...... It is really difficult to drive the optimal route to get the pax and the optimal route to destination .... Trip after trip after trip......

Ubermanpt

Was the $83 gross or net?
I've only got pings at dca when I haven't tried, like after a drop off or coming down gw parkway. Every time I tried it never worked. Quite a few have got from crystal city or phone lot but I never did.
Just saw the first surges all day in the gw / White House area, but I've already committed to drinking so many times I'm in for the night

Uberest

Net as shown in "earnings". Didn't see any surges today at all until now..... But no way I am going out.

KGB7

What area were you in tonight? I've been lucky getting tourists the last 2 weeks on weekday nights. Most requests were pick ups from dinner or the monuments.
I was going to head out for a couple hours but I think I'm going to enjoy the new bottle of captain Morgan instead. Had 2 decent weeks after my break, so I'll take this week off (heading to beach this weekend) and drive again next week.
I stick to DMV area, close to DC or in DC. Depends where pax take me, then drive back to NW DC area or Arlington.

Another Uber Driver

I have lived in the area a long Time but I hVe been really surprised by what I do NOT know about routes in our area.
There should come a time early in the career of anyone who drives ground transportation for hire that he realises this. Those who do not experience this proverbial "moment of clarity" do not last. Those who do nothing about it do not last. Those who become determined to learn what they are doing by learning how quickly to use a map, or, these days, how to find and use a reliable GPS until they can commit certain routes to memory are those who will last. Further, once you determine that you will actually tske the trouble to learn your streets and quirks, you will be committing to memory such things as block numbers, odds and evens, where the NO LEFT TURN signs are and the like.

I drove the taxi to-day, and it was not too bad. Nine trips in just under four hours. Three Uber Taxi trips; one mediocre and two short; one trip from my company, a short one; five street hails, three of which were airports. I got blessed with the airports. I turned on my Uber Taxi passenger application a few times when I was Downtown. I had a little company, but not that much. I wonder where all of them were. Uber has been onboarding new taxi drivers here, but you must have a 2009 or newer. Those with older cars who are already on board are allright, though, Anything 2007, or older, must be replaced by 1 January, 2016 under current Taxicab Commission rules.

I drove UberX yeaterday, it was not bad.

Still, this is one of the slowest Kongreshanull Summur Reesessus that I have seen in quite some time.

KGB7

The official results are in for today's Ubering.

After 8 hours of solid work, minus 20%, minus $15 for fuel.

I made $81.

@@@@ you very much Uber!! See you same time tomorrow.

Emp9

The official results are in for today's Ubering.

After 8 hours of solid work, minus 20%, minus $15 for fuel.

I made $81.

@@@@ you very much Uber!! See you same time tomorrow.
could be worse , i remember one monday i went out i made 26 gross in 5 hours. lol tuesday i remember a few times was only slightly better.

KenR

There should come a time early in the career of anyone who drives ground transportation for hire that he realises this. Those who do not experience this proverbial "moment of clarity" do not last. Those who do nothing about it do not last. Those who become determined to learn what they are doing by learning how quickly to use a map, or, these days, how to find and use a reliable GPS until they can commit certain routes to memory are those who will last. Further, once you determine that you will actually tske the trouble to learn your streets and quirks, you will be committing to memory such things as block numbers, odds and evens, where the NO LEFT TURN signs are and the like.
^^^^ This.

Driving for Uber is a job, and it is competitive. If you are not working on how you can improve your service, you're going to lose. It's like anything else.

It's like waiting tables for me, since that is my background. Yes, you do have slow days. It's August in DC, so yes these are slow days for every service industry in DC. What you have to do is smile and take it, and make the best of what falls to you. And, you've just got to put yourself out there.

Some days are diamonds, some days are stone. So you got a stone day. It happens.