• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Slow.

Shangsta

Midwinter break for a lot of school districts.

While I don't drive unaccompanied minors it has lessened traffic (bad) and the number of rides has shrunk as the drivers who usually drive minors to school are now competing with you and I. I remember my dad would always take vacation from work when we had long breaks.

Should pickup on Monday if not this weekend.

DexNex

theres only 5 in lyfts airport que right now ......
Finally got an airport run.

Now that I am down here...

Best part of being Lyft Plus is that there is no queue. Worst part is that I could be down here just as long, if not longer.

Midwinter break for a lot of school districts.

While I don't drive unaccompanied minors it has lessened traffic (bad) and the number of rides has shrunk as the drivers who usually drive minors to school are now competing with you and I. I remember my dad would always take vacation from work when we had long breaks.

Should pickup on Monday if not this weekend.
All of these families have to come back into town at some point, SeaTac is going to be busy on Sunday for arrivals.

dimwit_driver

While I don't drive unaccompanied minors it has lessened traffic (bad) and the number of rides has shrunk as the drivers who usually drive minors to school are now competing with you and I.
Why do people do this? Do they not comprehend that driving passengers in violation of the terms of service pretty much means no insurance coverage for the ride? Do they not think this through? or is it because Uber doesn't tell this to drivers (because they'll happily take the money, screw their own terms of service)?

K-pax

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My tax write off for mileage was $25 more than I made gross in 7 hours last night. I cut the misery short and went home early. It was roughly a $5/hr night for me. Sheesh.

K-pax

It's surging at the airport even though over 100 cars in the lot. Only Uber!
Uber still never activated me for the ap. Multiple rewuests for a fix. I do lyft only the odd time I pick up. 100 cars lol. That's like what.. about an hour wait?

Lyft does that nutty stuff too... they got PT at Seatac after all the flights are done till morning to try to get some suckers to run down there to sit for 1 1/2 hours to get a base rate ping when flights resume coming in. (Only gotten a fare once after 3am with a delayed flight landing and 3 cars in line.. pt went away just before entering the queue but the guy was going to within a mile of my house. Wowza).

K-pax

I made a grand total of $13 on Uber. $39 on lyft (including tips). 7 hours last night. It was snowing and hailing.

I repeat.

Aarrrrgh.

I did better right after NYE.

I hope today is better.

Travis Bickle Uber

i did OK today considering. 630a-1130a net $115. rides were steady but no surge until my last pickup Magnolia to AP @ 1.4X WOOOT!
How fun is it when the last ride of the day saves you from a sh** day! I always go home thinking... Oh yeah I knew I had it the whole time lol

I made a grand total of $13 on Uber. $39 on lyft (including tips). 7 hours last night. It was snowing and hailing.

I repeat.

Aarrrrgh.

I did better right after NYE.

I hope today is better.
In 7 hours?!? How is that possible? An hour between pings on average? Sorry my friend. Hoping the next run is much better for you.

Dennyjo2016

How fun is it when the last ride of the day saves you from a sh** day! I always go home thinking... Oh yeah I knew I had it the whole time lol

In 7 hours?!? How is that possible? An hour between pings on average? Sorry my friend. Hoping the next run is much better for you.
youve been there before! exactly correct!

And this is why Ive not been driving since last week lol I figure I'll start up again on Monday these two weeks have been relaxing =]

K-pax

Time between pings. All short or minimum fares. Next to no surge. Ultimately bad luck. None of my usual areas behaved normally. If you wait 15-20 min between fares that are less than $3... doesn't add up to much. I have literally never done that poorly the entire time I've done this. I usually net $200 a night even on off nights.