Uber Drivers Forum banner

Slow Week

5K views 102 replies 16 participants last post by  DexNex 
#1 ·
I'm between jobs, so I'm out driving like a fulltimer.

Its figgin slow for me. Anyone else?

#11 ·
This week was slow but productive.

19 hrs online (most of that was spent at home doing other things)
20 rides done
$527 gross.

I really think Uber plays with the pings to balance drivers. Some have a good week, others have a bad one. The next week everyone is flipped. This allows Uber to feed noob ants, and dismiss oversaturation as drivers having "off weeks." As long as you feed the ants every other week, the ants will continue to swarm.

#12 ·
This week was slow but productive.

19 hrs online (most of that was spent at home doing other things)
20 rides done
$527 gross.

I really think Uber plays with the pings to balance drivers. Some have a good week, others have a bad one. The next week everyone is flipped. This allows Uber to feed noob ants, and dismiss oversaturation as drivers having "off weeks." As long as you feed the ants every other week, the ants will continue to swarm.
It's possible.

#15 · (Edited)
I did Lyft for the first time last week. For two years I only did uber (mostly because too lazy to go through process for Lyft). Then they offered me a bonus to sign up so I went for it. 10 rides then I got the bonus.
Lyft is a disparate company, they have always been desperate. I have a career acceptance rate of 10% with Lyft and they have been fine with it. I signed up with them for the sole purpose of cherry picking. I never felt that they penalized me or punished me in some way. You do the same, 45 and aiport trips only. And keep a pink colored charging cable in your car, Lyft pax are kind of emotional, those little things make them happy lol.

#25 ·
It is sad. Esp since 99% or drivers are fine - just takes one or two to ruin the reputation of uber drivers. I've started saying the names t the pax along with telling them my name when they get in the car.
I've actually been doing this the whole time I've been driving. I don't do nights/bars so I always tend to be on the "professional" side of things when I pick people up, and say Hi <name>? I'm <name>.

It's not much of an adjustment for me, however I am a bit more conscious of it lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.