Slow week/month?

LIsuberman

IMHO - Things are slower this year, down from last year at this same time. Rideshare each year on LI - profit seems be on the way down. I am hanging in there till it crashes and burns, then I will jump out right before that happens - which seems like it will happen soon.

Last edited:
Looks like Uber tweaked Surge sensitivity late December. Was seeing a lot more surges and a lot higher $.
This month looks like back to normal, or even worse than normal. The usual surges I saw last year I'm not seeing at all.

I wish more NYC drivers went north of the Bronx. Still a lot of surges there.

LIsuberman

Talking about MacArthur - it is not always a guarantee of a tip there or any where else - was there a few weeks ago during the morning, picked up 2 young PAX (M and F 21-30) to go to Huntington with luggage , which I loaded and received no tip - cheep self entitled , LI millennial garbage .
Post automatically merged:

Jef313392

Those of you working full time hours are going to hurt for awhile. This evening was my first time out all week. $48.48 in 2.5 hours on my way home from work. One ride messaged me as I was en route that she wanted to cancel so don't come to her house. I said ok and she hung up. She never cancelled. So I drove to her house anyway, sat out front for 5 minutes, then cancelled myself and collected $3.75. Awhile later, picked up a ride at CI train station. Drove to Brentwood to pick up his friend. From there drove to St James. Entire trip was 53 minutes. $22 fare and no tip. I'm not necessarily complaining but it does amaze me sometimes how some people see this service. On the first ride I mentioned, did the woman think I was going to cancel for her? On the second ride, just the idea that a person can take up someone's time for almost an hour and not feel the need to be courteous enough to give a little extra bothers me.

islanddriver

Those of you working full time hours are going to hurt for awhile. This evening was my first time out all week. $48.48 in 2.5 hours on my way home from work. One ride messaged me as I was en route that she wanted to cancel so don't come to her house. I said ok and she hung up. She never cancelled. So I drove to her house anyway, sat out front for 5 minutes, then cancelled myself and collected $3.75. Awhile later, picked up a ride at CI train station. Drove to Brentwood to pick up his friend. From there drove to St James. Entire trip was 53 minutes. $22 fare and no tip. I'm not necessarily complaining but it does amaze me sometimes how some people see this service. On the first ride I mentioned, did the woman think I was going to cancel for her? On the second ride, just the idea that a person can take up someone's time for almost an hour and not feel the need to be courteous enough to give a little extra bothers me.
Thank God I don't have to do this full time. Retired. Work about 20 hours or less a weekall last year up untill thisJan it was good.
. For 2019 I made $17000. For about 700 hours.