Slow Tuesday Night

Ubersome

Came back last night from a 3 days vacation. Looked at Uber app last night from 9pm to 11pm it was totally red all over the Bay. Surge from 3.x to 4.6x. Even received a message from Uber saying surge was 5.8 but I didnt go out driving. I enjoyed the holiday and fireworks.

Turned on my app this evening at around 7:30pm and it has been over 30 minutes but not a single ping. Alow slow or is it something wrong with my app no receiving pings?

RedoBeach

It's slowwwwwwww! And it appears there are also a million drivers out. I've been online for 2 hours now and only 2 pings where I normally have no trouble getting rides.

Ubersome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I completed 5th month driving Uber with 1985 trips this past week. Put around 10,000 miles into my car. Replaced new brakes for $200. Changed 4 new tires for $720. Will get the car tuned up this week for an eatimate costof $900. Gas $80 a week x 19 weeks $1,550.

Ubersome

Ok. It has been an hour but no ping. This is for the first time i have waited for an hour with no ride right in the middle from SF.
Oh well, take this opportunity to hang out at thia forum.

My performance is attached in 5 months driving

Attachments

Tncluber

I completed 5th month driving Uber with 1985 trips this past week. Put around 10,000 miles into my car. Replaced new brakes for $200. Changed 4 new tires for $720. Will get the car tuned up this week for an eatimate costof $900. Gas $80 a week x 19 weeks $1,550.
It's called being uberfooled.

You're not alone.

sanfran

Compare to 2014, in 5 months I paid off my car. So far this year i only drove about 10 times......too many drivers in the city

Ubersome

Ok i m going home. It has been 1.5 hours and not even a single ping. I changed my location 3 times within the city but still no pings.

good luck drivers.

jayzhou1338

Ok. It has been an hour but no ping. This is for the first time i have waited for an hour with no ride right in the middle from SF.
Oh well, take this opportunity to hang out at thia forum.

My performance is attached in 5 months driving
wow, your rating is high. Mine is only 4.85.

Euius

Last night I wasn't even going to drive, but figured I'd check out the east bay traffic since you were all complaining about SF.

I got a ping before I left my driveway, as normal. Two pick up pool ride heading towards emeryville. Got a third pickup in emeryville who took me to East Oakland. Far East. 62nd Ave. Exactly where I don't want to be at night.

So after dropping the last one off, immediately going offline, and driving somewhere more reasonable, I had made $13, taken an hour, and driven 26 miles.

So that's why East Bay sucks. Fifty cents a mile. Less than the standard mileage deduction.

Edit: In fact, its possible - if I get 120 rides - that the PDPlus bonus will be worth almost as much as the fare itself.

Last edited:

Euius

Yet, you both get paid the same per mile and minute.

I wish i could get my rating below a 3.0 just to prove to you guys ratings are for suckers.
While ratings in general are a suckers game, Uber will deactivate you long before you fall below 4.0 much less 3.0

But 4.6 is as good as 4.9

Euius

Another slow night now on Wednesday? Having trouble catching a filtered ride over the bridge. Its been 30 min.

Tncluber

While ratings in general are a suckers game, Uber will deactivate you long before you fall below 4.0 much less 3.0

But 4.6 is as good as 4.9
Well, I'll just keep trying and neither uber or lyft will deactivate me.

It cost $2000 to replace me and I'm still making them money, so I imagine my rating will be at an acceptable level for some time.

Believe whatever you want about ratings, but nobody knows how they are calculated. It's all over the forums.

I do know if a driver is making money for a company there will always be an exception.

Stars don't pay for uber engineers. And stars definitely don't pay for driver's expenses.

Euius

I can't speak for you, but after PDPlus and other bonuses Uber isn't making money off me. It's a definite loss.

A high volume driver would have to do $2000 in gross fares at 25% just to pay for the PDPlus bonus. Not counting Monday 10 or any hourlies.

Given the bonus structure in place, Uber has to be hemmoraging money in SF