1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Slow Start to Week in RI - Strategies for November

Discussion in 'Providence' started by smoran26, Nov 8, 2017.

1. smoran26

smoran26

Driving:
    UberX
    It's been a real grind so far in November. Getting a lot less frequent pings and fewer long trips. Earnings are down about 15% so far.

Lots of drivers say November isn't good. So, what do we do to adjust?

What are your strategies for getting by during the slow period of winter?

2. Something I always keep an eye for in Winter are MBTA cancellations. Head down to South Attleboro (if you're approved) and catch a good surge ride to Boston. Two mondays ago the whole 95 corridor was x4 x5 with people trying to get to work.,

smoran26 likes this.
  3. smoran26

smoran26

Driving:
    UberX
    That’s a great idea. Since I’m from Mass I was approved there first so I’ll check it out. I drive mostly RI right now because it’s so close and we have a new baby at home so I’m sticking to a smaller circle around the house. But that small circle definitely hurts earnings. Such is life

4. There was surge all day today due to the unfortunate events this afternoon.

smoran26 likes this.
  5. smoran26

smoran26

Driving:
    UberX
    Indeed. It made traffic hell, but I got a couple of real nice rides. I only gave 1 non-surge ride today and that was before it all went down.

6. wow. I gave three surge rides after 5pm. Good per hour overall.