Slow period?

tlcraig215

Anybody else in the Pittsburgh area seeing a decrease in riders? I've been driving since January and am wondering if it's normal for this time of year, or if it's COVID related. I'm assuming there are more drivers on the road trying to make some money Christmas, but man this is getting ridiculous.

TheRealGnash

Thanksgiving time used to be really busy. Thanksgiving weekend is a killer time. Might be the pandemic and things being closed.

Zeppelin77

No one is going anywhere except work for anyone and the Pitt kids are studying for finals. Once they leave they won't be back until the middle of January. The next 6 weeks will be rough and once PUA ends it will get even worse.

teh744

It’s been a bit slow since Labor Day. It should pick up here shortly. Saturday was the slowest I had in a while. Didn’t even break $300.

UberChiefPIT

I'm still not seeing any promos for our area...going on 2-3 months now. Just those dumb 1.3-3.0 multipliers for the areas nobody Ubers, anyways.

Steve412

Me too. Got stuck on those dumb boost zones whereas I know a ton of people with these easy assed weekend quests. Like 20 for $65 all the way up to like 70 for 210++ or something. I've been trying to communicate with support and figure out why they think I'm exclusively a food delivery person and not eligible for driver quests. But of course the support is literally helpless.

teh744

I couldn’t do that 70 ride quest. I normally take the 30-40 or 40-50. I did hit 40 on Sunday eve. 2 weekends ago I did hit big on 2 boost zones ($14,23)

MasterKNinja

The next 6 weeks will be rough and once PUA ends it will get even worse.
Notice went out that you can re-apply for PUA when it runs out late December, with certain stipulations, so there might not be a total flood of ants coming back on the system.

Uber took my account offline for a week for a background check. They’ve only ever done em in the background so that was weird. I’d be pissed if I was depending on that holiday money. HAvent given a ride since early April though. I do go online when I’m in the car so I can deduct my mileage back & forth to the store or wherever.

teh744

Notice went out that you can re-apply for PUA when it runs out late December, with certain stipulations, so there might not be a total flood of ants coming back on the system.

Uber took my account offline for a week for a background check. They’ve only ever done em in the background so that was weird. I’d be pissed if I was depending on that holiday money. HAvent given a ride since early April though. I do go online when I’m in the car so I can deduct my mileage back & forth to the store or wherever.
It picked up pretty good toward the end May, was great until Labor Day. Was averaging 1-1.5 k a week. I had several weeks 1.5k+. One week I was over 2k. Was hitting that $10-15 surge a lot. I knew this wasn’t gonna last. I was taking days off my regular job to run rides.

Steve412

I had something like 6-7 straight 500$+ Saturday’s at one point but after Halloween this thing thudded. I see they might be working on extended PUA so hopefully that will give all the Uber Eats users money to order again. No rides worth taking and few orders has been a common occurrence all too often.