Slow on strip??

Freebyrdie

I was wondering the same thing last night. Where are the damn pings? I didn't see an unusual number of ubers out there yet waited longer then ever for a ping.

Call Johnny Cab

I disagree with you, booked 285 and made 87 in tips. I say this again, las Vegas will be the only city where the cabs are going to survive, and I mean survive. You guys are definitely affecting us but the biggest damage is being done by our own [email protected]#$&$g companies .
So you don't think 106 it's to hot, and to hot for tourist. Everything I've read and what I feel says its hot. Vegas reports say it slows down in summer. Taxi companies must have some secret stuff going on. Uben seems slow.

Last edited:

UberDude2

41.5% or 118 dollars, I was blasting my a/c all day, and took 30 minutes to eat, checked in at 6:30 am and checked out at 6 pm. I don't pay gas, and 118 is after trip sheet. Not much but is kind of working right now.
$118 for a 11 hour work day? That's horrible. I bet you hold your breath for a tip each time a passenger exits your car. You are so dependent on tips it ain't even funny.

Last edited:

LVRed777

I noticed it, too. 7pm drove from Russell to Flamingo without a ping. Decided to get off the strip. As soon as I hit the Rio I got pinged for a ride from there to downtown.

Lvcab9404

$118 for a 11 hour work day? That's horrible. I bet you hold your breath for a tip each time a passenger exits your car. You are so dependent on tips it ain't even funny.
You got that right, the moment my passengers start being cheap and don't tip I'm out to another job, I go to work knowing that I will make at least 75 to 85 tips a day, I took a waiter to his job at the palms and he told me he gets at least couple hundred tips a day, his fare was 11 and he gave me 20. Took another ride and was only 22 and gave me 30. The moment that stops , time to run far away from cabs and tnc crap. And by the way I don't have to give out water or anything like that, just a good conversation, that's all.

kojeislandincha

You got that right, the moment my passengers start being cheap and don't tip I'm out to another job, I go to work knowing that I will make at least 75 to 85 tips a day, I took a waiter to his job at the palms and he told me he gets at least couple hundred tips a day, his fare was 11 and he gave me 20. Took another ride and was only 22 and gave me 30. The moment that stops , time to run far away from cabs and tnc crap. And by the way I don't have to give out water or anything like that, just a good conversation, that's all.
The more fantasy you provide tells me that worry is in the AIR.

Dan K

That was the book...he also got 87 in tips. Plus he pays NOTHING for the use of a car/insurance etc AND probably gets paid holidays and sick days etc....You know. Being an employee.

Long hours blow yes.

Freebyrdie

I want to ride in your cab.....honestly have NEVER had good conversation in a cab

Wincool

Obviously, it is a second trap from uber, the first one is edc weekend huge incentive. We got too much drivers.

Cjris

I agree, I was at the TI Uber PU area for 30 min at 9pm which is prime time and NO ping. Uber got their wish, set a permanent surge on the strip and drivers come out in droves, BUT it backfired for them where I am concerned b/c I didn't play that game tonight. I let the other drivers stay out there and figure it out for themselves. Fact: To flood the strip with drivers defeats the earnings purpose for the driver cause they may get 1 to 1. 5 rides an hour if they hang out on the strip all night....even with the 1.5 surges the avg ride will be about $5 to $6...do the math on how much you earn playing "The uber surge game" Driver loses. .........Bye Bye strip......played the game didn't like it. Only winner here is Uber as they got lots of sucker drivers to come out. They don't care who makes what, just as long as their is a boatload of drivers out there, who can't figure out the math..... Nice try Uber.