1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Slow night?

Discussion in 'Austin' started by nana_m, Sep 11, 2015.

1. nana_m

nana_m Member

I'm I the only one having a slow night today? I've been receiving texts from Uber saying how busy the night is but that's not what I'm experiencing. No surges too. I guess they managed to convince many drivers to work today with their misleading Adverts.

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  2. HornsFan

HornsFan Active Member

It was crazy slow while I was downtown. I was all over 2nd through 5th streets...no pings. Finally decided to call it a night around 9:30 and drove all the way from Lamar and 6th to Lamar and 40th with NO PINGS!!! Friday night driving all that way past campus at 9:30 with nothing! Pretty crappy out there. But hey....Travis says we're making hundreds per day so it MUST be true!!! :-(

Nate R likes this.
  3. nana_m

nana_m Member

Yup. I guess Uber's ad worked.I need to come up with a better strategy tomorrow. Screw Uber Guarantees

4. HornsFan

HornsFan Active Member

Or maybe it was the texts coming once an hour, every hour. They are SO obnoxious!! The guarantees are total nonsense. Too many tie ins and ways to get screwed. Plus...if you are driving at that time of late night or during surge you will probably make that much anyway.

5. ATX 22

ATX 22 Well-Known Member

I didn't drive Friday night. Kept getting texts saying demand was really high. You know Uber wouldn't text us that unless it were true. lol