Slow Labor Day

jfinks

I ran a few errands and waited for quite a while for a ride. Finally got one from OP to Belton, then Belton to Peculiar. Ug out in the middle of nowhere. Waited an hour at Casey's in Peculiar, ate some pizza, then finally got a request and accepted it. Then realized it was in Harrisonville. I'm like f this, getting further and further away from civilization. Who knows where that ride was going. Ended up heading home and just turned the internet off.

This is one of those cases where Uber screws themselves not giving info on where rider might be headed. Maybe he was heading back to KC so it would be worth going 7 more miles south. I'm not going to drive there and find out...

tmart

I ran a few errands and waited for quite a while for a ride. Finally got one from OP to Belton, then Belton to Peculiar. Ug out in the middle of nowhere. Waited an hour at Casey's in Peculiar, ate some pizza, then finally got a request and accepted it. Then realized it was in Harrisonville. I'm like f this, getting further and further away from civilization. Who knows where that ride was going. Ended up heading home and just turned the internet off.

This is one of those cases where Uber screws themselves not giving info on where rider might be headed. Maybe he was heading back to KC so it would be worth going 7 more miles south. I'm not going to drive there and find out...
Destination filter it works sometimes

bpsa1

I had a pretty good Sunday and Monday, about $300 each day from fares. Kicker on Monday for me was fare from 151st and Quivira to KCI and rematch to the western edge of Gardner. I have Uber Pro now (my acceptance rate is about 95%, was 30-40% before August), KCI fare from OP showed 44 minutes north, and then KCI rematch showed 51 minutes south. I did 4 airport trips on Monday, and 0 on Sunday.

jfinks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya I'm working on my Gold, just need to raise my rate 13 percent to 85. Should go faster since I started better managing my rate beginning in August. It shouldn't be a problem to hit platinum by end of 3 month period. Probably don't drive enough for diamond, but not much extra for Diamond anyway.

bpsa1

The knowing where the ride is going and length of ride is my main thing now for declining rides. Turned down 2 rides in Smithville in the last few days while driving on Barry Rd (15 minutes away, each). One was going west 3 minutes, and the other was going north 15 minutes. Not worth my time. But the thing messes up on rides that have multiple stops. Yesterday I had a ride in Parkville that said west 22 minutes so I thought it was going to Leavenworth or something. It was a roundtrip ride from pickup to an auto parts store (which was NE of the pickup) and back to pickup location. I'm doing Uber Pro mainly for the ASU tuition thing. I'm at 2,954 rides right now, so close to 3,000.

Last edited:

jfinks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, valuable info, I might have taken the north 15 minute one, that gets you close to st joe and might work up there for a bit and maybe get a ride south back to KC. Depends on what time of day though and how things are going.

I wish I had it when I was in Peculiar and had that Harrisonville request. Maybe the guy was going 30-40 miles to KC, but I wasn't going to risk getting further away. My luck and the dude would have been going south to like chanute or ft scott...

bpsa1

Every time I have a ride to St Joseph, I never got anything while up there so it's always a rough 30 minutes back to KC on 29. Same with Lawrence, with the exception of 1 time where I dropped off a ride on Mass St from I-29/64th St and picked up a ride going to KCI within a minute.