Slow in San Francisco

manuella

The guy is an uber employee , I have seen him on reddit too posting same things he does on here .

Only a person who isn't an uber driver would think the way he does , in theory it's all good and win win but when you are a driver you know better or may be he is a little slow without meaning to offend

Euius

The guy is an uber employee , I have seen him on reddit too posting same things he does on here .
What an idiotic claim.

Only a person who isn't an uber driver would think the way he does , in theory it's all good and win win but when you are a driver you know better or may be he is a little slow without meaning to offend
Lol. When people want to pretend a seasonal slow down is some harbinger of permanent doom, and don't grasp the basics of higher price creating less demand, then there's no way to engage in a meaningful conversation anyways.

RedoBeach

Stop making claims you haven't worked through previously to have any real opinion on. "Seasonable slow down" did not exist last summer. There was not the same over saturation of drivers there is now and we did not have to wait 5 minutes in between pings, let alone 20-40.

Last summer I averaged $150 from 5-8pm, sometimes 4 hours and the work was always consistent. I didn't have to make 100 trips a week to make any money, I didn't have to count on Uber to calculate my trips per hour correctly, and the schedule was flexible. Fares were higher & pax weren't late to work because they were stuck in Pool.

elelegido

There are quite a few Uber evangelists on here who try to "explain" phenomena in the rideshare industry and/or make predictions about what will happen in the future, but when you ask for evidence, or indeed anything at all, to back up what they're saying they come up empty every time.

There's another guy on here, RamzFanz, who even claims that Uber is profitable. When asked to prove it, he says the financial accounts are somewhere online, but for some reason he's unable to give a link to them. He also says that Uber must be profitable and a good investment because it has some big names investing in them, and they must know what they're doing...

tohunt4me

What an idiotic claim.

Lol. When people want to pretend a seasonal slow down is some harbinger of permanent doom, and don't grasp the basics of higher price creating less demand, then there's no way to engage in a meaningful conversation anyways.
After NOTHING but RATE CUTS
and introduction of POOL the ADDITIONAL 50% RATE CUT in DISGUISE that DOUBLES UBER INCOME.
what are you calling HIGH RATES ?

UBER has turned high market high value into common slum.

Good job Uber.
( Price of gas has increased 30%)

Euius

Stop making claims you haven't worked through previously to have any real opinion on. "Seasonable slow down" did not exist last summer. There was not the same over saturation of drivers there is now and we did not have to wait 5 minutes in between pings, let alone 20-40.
So what you're really saying is that driver count was low enough you didn't recognize the slowdown, while not recognizing that the seasonal increase in drivers is part of the seasonal slow down.

Euius

After NOTHING but RATE CUTS
and introduction of POOL the ADDITIONAL 50% RATE CUT in DISGUISE that DOUBLES UBER INCOME.
what are you calling HIGH RATES ?
I never mentioned high rates. "High" would be an opinion, and rates don't have to be "high" to be lowered any more than they have to be "low" to be raised.

I said "higher"

Euius

There are quite a few Uber evangelists on here who try to "explain" phenomena in the rideshare industry and/or make predictions about what will happen in the future, but when you ask for evidence, or indeed anything at all, to back up what they're saying they come up empty every time.
My prediction of the future is you will continue to drive while doing nothing but crying about how bad driving is.

There's another guy on here, RamzFanz, who even claims that Uber is profitable.
Uber has stated they are profitable in the US while losing money internationally.

He also says that Uber must be profitable and a good investment because it has some big names investing in them, and they must know what they're doing...
There's something to be said about admitting people with billions to invest know more than you do.

tohunt4me

So what you're really saying is that driver count was low enough you didn't recognize the slowdown, while not recognizing that the seasonal increase in drivers is part of the seasonal slow down.
Your DOUBLESPEAK is a symptom of your mental constipation caused by uber KOOL AID.
We see ya

Attachments

tohunt4me

There's another guy on here, RamzFanz, who even claims that Uber is profitable. When asked to prove it, he says the financial accounts are somewhere online, but for some reason he's unable to give a link to them. He also says that Uber must be profitable and a good investment because it has some big names investing in them, and they must know what they're doing...
Big names investing.
Must be good.
Big names and govt. Subsidies in gasohol.no one has made a dime.lost quite a few Dollars.
What could parallel Uber in modern times . . .

Attachments

elelegido

Big names investing.
Must be good.
Big names and govt. Subsidies in gasohol.no one has made a dime.lost quite a few Dollars.
What could parallel Uber in modern times . . .
Not to mention the financial wizards who invested billions in the Madoff scheme: the largest ponzi scheme in history. 'Cause there's a lot to to be said about admitting people with billions to invest know more than you do", LOL.

Mr. Madoff's scheme would have been a strong "buy" from these resident UP.net financial advisors, 'cause there are big names already invested in it, see? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

tohunt4me

Not to mention the financial wizards who invested billions in the Madoff scheme: the largest ponzi scheme in history. 'Cause there's a lot to to be said about admitting people with billions to invest know more than you do", LOL.

Mr. Madoff's scheme would have been a strong "buy" from these resident UP.net financial advisors, 'cause there are big names already invested in it, see? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
How soon they forget . . .

RedoBeach

What I'm really saying is exactly what I have said.. I have worked for Uber long enough to have substantial experience working in 2 of the biggest markets, have experienced more than one rate cut, and have also worked through a fare increase, you have not. You also never provide any real data to back up your inexperienced claims when prompted, and fail to consider other factors in your "simple" calculations.

Ridership continued to grow after Uber increased its fares in Los Angeles in 2015. The increase occurred in the summer "after the winter slump."

You cannot simply equate an increase of ridership as being a direct result of fare cuts for a still fairly new company that continues to grow its customer base as new users became aware of the platform. Even as recently as 2015, many passengers indicated they had just discovered the service by recommendation of a friend and/or increased media campaigns. Many people had not even heard of Uber or knew of it as an option in prior years, especially those living outside of SF. I still occasionally get those new passengers when they are people visiting from from other cities across the country.

The "seasonal increase" of drivers is a result of recent promotions by Uber to get more drivers on the road, including higher than ever sign up bonuses, $1000 pay day loans for new drivers, and vehicle financing for drivers who formerly did not have access to new vehicles. They have also lowered their yearly requirements in effort to expand the number of drivers who qualify.

Do you have data to provide us that shows that ridership has slowed down this "season?" The claim that there are actually significantly less rides being taken right now also seems to contradict your claim that lower rates increases ridership, as we currently have lower rates than we've ever had and Uber is doing endless promotions currently offering passengers 50% off those already low rates right now.