• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Slo airport

John g

I have only been driving since friday so im sure there is alot i dont know.. i noticed they didn't get very city specific in the training so can someone tell me why the slo airport is blocked? Will it ever be unblocked. I heared from rider they allow uber at the vegas airport now. Is this true?

Bilbo_Swagginz

You would want to talk to a Uber representative from SLO, they send emails occasionally letting you know where they'll be located for you to talk to them. I attached an old one from earlier this month.
Onto your question, I believe Uber drivers don't have the required credentials to pick up people at airports. Its like this in many other airports. All uber says is that they will contact us if anything changes, which doesn't sound too assuring. Though, I'm sure they know they're missing out on profits from airports so hopefully they figure something out

Attachments

The Admiral

Uber does not pay the required airport fee license to pickup at the airport. Commercial buses, limos and taxis pay the fee ( monthly or quarterly ). Uber drivers can drop a passenger off at the airport with out the license. Some riders know they can walk away from the terminal and request a ride to be picked up at say ... ACI jet or the lower road or parking lot. Hope Uber get the permission soon.

The Admiral

Dropping riders off at Air terminal. Offer information to them on getting picked up when they return, ie: walking to parking lot, ACI jet or just being cool and picking up without the trade dress showing. Have had a few put in a miss-placed pin for pickup then calling me for instructions for where to find them, works well.