• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Sleeping In the Car

kevin92009

Yes of course. If you commute long distance like that, or plan a driving trip, look up websites for car pooling. You can post a trip and people will respond. Zimride has been bought by Enterpirse Rental Car so it's not available to the general public anymore, only to Universities and institutions that signed up for the service. But there are other websites that the public can use.

From San Diego, if you plan to drive to Vegas, Phoenix, NorCal, definitely use car pools. They will at least pay for the gas.

A few times I even carried cargo for people. They would pay for an empty seat to use my trunk. I would fill that seat with a passenger, yeeha!
thank you for that information I will look into it I would love to do those long distance rides

Transportador

People used to places ads for rides like that in Craig list. I think that now that Uber and carpool are synonymous must people forgot about other options.
Yep, those Craigslist rides were like picking up a 1.0 rated pax in the freaking hood. They come drunk, high, smelly, broke and late. The Zimride and other website ones were wayyyyy better people. They help match drivers/riders and even handle the money, trip changes, cancellations, everything, for free.

DirtyRead

Yep, those Craigslist rides were like picking up a 1.0 rated pax in the freaking hood. They come drunk, high, smelly, broke and late. The Zimride and other website ones were wayyyyy better people. They help match drivers/riders and even handle the money, trip changes, cancellations, everything, for free.
Right, but the Craig list ones came with a great way to excuse and explain some of my 3am web history.