SkyHarbor Queue - Worth it?

JDE100

I have read lots of conflicting info. Asking for opinions on if sitting in SkyHarbor queue is worth the time? I am XL vehicle on both Uber and Lyft. What criteria do others use to decide if they are going to try it?

Thank you

CarterPeerless

It's one way to escape ASU. Good if you need a nap, bathroom break, snack. It's a gamble like anything else. You are guaranteed that your wheels are not turning, so you aren't making money. No guarantee how far you are driving after pickup.

I've occasionally had some luck using the destination filter from close range, grabbing from a Tempe hotel and getting rematched.

Before getting in the queue, I will lap the airport to see how busy the rideshare pickup areas are. That and common sense will tell you how long you are likely to be there.

bsomo

A lot of airport rides/matches last night waiting for U2 to end. Terminal 3 was a disaster and made $7 and $5 from rides leaving the airport. Not necessarily juicy rides (and this is without even waiting in the queue). Now there have been times when I'm out driving and there is NOTHING but instead of going home....

Now the West lot has some fascinating taxi drivers. There stories and setup over there is mind boggling, certainly a cultural experience if you enjoy that aspect of driving. Many taxi drivers do only airport runs and have no address, just basically living out of their car. Their 2 hour wait between rides they shower, play games, and sleep.

just_me

It's one way to escape ASU. Good if you need a nap, bathroom break, snack. It's a gamble like anything else. You are guaranteed that your wheels are not turning, so you aren't making money. No guarantee how far you are driving after pickup.

I've occasionally had some luck using the destination filter from close range, grabbing from a Tempe hotel and getting rematched.

Before getting in the queue, I will lap the airport to see how busy the rideshare pickup areas are. That and common sense will tell you how long you are likely to be there.

Monitor the queue's burn rate. Every 5 minutes determine how many people ahead of you left the queue. That in addition to watching the arrival schedule should give you an idea of how long you will be there waiting for a ping. Whether or not it's worth the time is up to the driver.

Dakidd

A lot of airport rides/matches last night waiting for U2 to end. Terminal 3 was a disaster and made $7 and $5 from rides leaving the airport. Not necessarily juicy rides (and this is without even waiting in the queue). Now there have been times when I'm out driving and there is NOTHING but instead of going home....

Now the West lot has some fascinating taxi drivers. There stories and setup over there is mind boggling, certainly a cultural experience if you enjoy that aspect of driving. Many taxi drivers do only airport runs and have no address, just basically living out of their car. Their 2 hour wait between rides they shower, play games, and sleep.
Fish story most airport drivers station at skyharbor share their cab with another driver They are special cabs just designated for the airport And though they might live in a house or apartment with 12 to 15 people and they generally are not sleeping in thereAnd a run from the airport 2 the princess hotel generates them about $80 Unlike the $17 you might Make a

RideshareDude

Fish story most airport drivers station at skyharbor share their cab with another driver They are special cabs just designated for the airport And though they might live in a house or apartment with 12 to 15 people and they generally are not sleeping in thereAnd a run from the airport 2 the princess hotel generates them about $80 Unlike the $17 you might Make a
Yeah and that $80 will cover their lease! I might only get $20 but at least I don't have a lease to pay.