Skipped Rides Now Show Up

CaptainJackLA

I just noticed this morning that 4 rides [out of about 12] that I skipped on are showing in my App Trip Log, and on dashboard under Trips. Only one shows as Canceled by Driver.

Looks like some changes are taking effect. Just be aware of this.

PS... yes I ride skip in less than 5 seconds.

PSS... DON'T POOL, or you are a fool...

Happy Friday.

Ububu

Were the etas far away? They show up when I skip those, presumably because I'm the end of the skip line

XUberMike

Not to worry here guys (and of course gals) we're "self employed and independent" and are best equipped and of course able to choose how we operate our business model to remain profitable, regardless on how hard SCREWBER tries to make us non-profit...Mine says no pool and no pick-ups over a 12 minute ride and 10 to 12 minutes on a case by case basis.

On a side note this is the first week I did not get an low acceptance text while my acceptance was the lowest it's ever been.

soonsoon

I've also noticed when you quick cancel and there are no drivers in the area it shows up in the log as cancel. But when there are drivers around it rarely shows up.

Quick Cancel = Passing it to the next guy.

I had a lady Passenger the other day and she says "I got cancelled seven times before I got you" I asked her how did she know this? ..reply "My phone shows driver cancelled and looking for another and so on" she then says "I requested when it wasn't surging but I finally got you at 1.7 surge" I replied "really? wow..that's terrible..I don't know how that could happen!" *cricket to the end of the trip. Thank God it was a short trip lol.

CaptainJackLA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not to worry here guys (and of course gals) we're "self employed and independent" and are best equipped and of course able to choose how we operate our business model to remain profitable, regardless on how hard SCREWBER tries to make us non-profit...Mine says no pool and no pick-ups over a 12 minute ride and 10 to 12 minutes on a case by case basis.

On a side note this is the first week I did not get an low acceptance text while my acceptance was the lowest it's ever been.
my acceptance rate was 92% last week. but my rating last week was a 4.71. i don't recall having any issues, other than a Lyft ride. @@@@ers.

CaptainJackLA

I've also noticed when you quick cancel and there are no drivers in the area it shows up in the log as cancel. But when there are drivers around it rarely shows up.

Quick Cancel = Passing it to the next guy.

I had a lady Passenger the other day and she says "I got cancelled seven times before I got you" I asked her how did she know this? ..reply "My phone shows driver cancelled and looking for another and so on" she then says "I requested when it wasn't surging but I finally got you at 1.7 surge" I replied "really? wow..that's terrible..I don't know how that could happen!" *cricket to the end of the trip. Thank God it was a short trip lol.
good point too. i did get one of those this morning. about 30 seconds after skipping one, i got the same one back. skipped again.

i guess if i'm a Captain, I'm also a "Skipper"...hah !

XUberMike

my acceptance rate was 92% last week. but my rating last week was a 4.71. i don't recall having any issues, other than a Lyft ride. @@@@ers.
Let's see my acceptance was 71% and had 14 five stars out of 14 rated trips in the last 2 weeks...YET my weekly rating was 4.9 stars "Above Average" haha. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm 14/14 "5-stars" how am I a 4.9?

I really don't give a crap, no way I can trust Screwber who makes themselves the judge & jury with ratings. I don't believe in blind trust but especially with UBER.

Well I could decide to ask UBER how 14 "5-stars"out of 14 rated trips ends up a 4.9 for the week but the answer would be something like "I so sorry what happened to you but I'm happy to help..."Just know ratings will always fluctuate and are based on your professionalism, knowledge and cleanliness of vehicle." Of course they never mention rider sobriety, mood of rider, the surge, mis-placed pin (if rider mis-placed pin I always cancel) and weather rider allowed 15 minutes for a 30 minute trip.

Thank you for allowing UBER to answer your question for you.

Feedback: Did we answer your question Yes/No (why don't they use stars?)

NO

Why?

Because you NEVER answer the question asked.

Last edited:

CaptainJackLA

XUberMike you got your own answer verbatim. Don't waste your time asking them.
Maybe they think nobody deserves a 5.

I had a pax tell me my rating was a 4.9. Like I didn't know. But we had a good conversation about Uber and ratings.

Her and the Bro in law were super nice and polite. I told him they were the most interesting and intelligent pax I've ever had. We had a good laugh. After taking them 22 miles. Thanks Maura...

Ububu

Only 3 came up as canceled for my morning, despite skipping 40+ pings. :smiles: 4.96 for the week, 5.0 for the day