1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Skip the queue after a short airport trip...

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by mikewithebike, Apr 18, 2018.

1. mikewithebike

mikewithebike

Driving:
    UberX
    I received this email today. I don't know why they sent this to me because when I drop off at the airport, I get the hell back to the shore:

"Michael, have you ever waited at the airport only to get a trip that didn’t pay off? We know it can be frustrating, so we’re improving the airport experience to help you get the most out of your time.

Now if you get a short-distance trip* from EWR and ACY, we'll hold your spot in the queue for 6 hours, so that you can return to the same airport and get another trip quickly. If a trip is eligible for short trip protection, we'll let you know in the app before you accept the trip..."

Leo A Martinez and Lepke like this.
  2. Wh4tev3r!!!!

Wh4tev3r!!!!

sounds like progress, a little step at a time

3. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    If it's a "short-distance trip*", why the hell do they have to hold your place in line for 6 full hours? This is going to get a lot of people pissed off.

4. mikewithebike

mikewithebike

Driving:
    UberX
    No progress when it's an 84 cent base rate and 74.4 cents a mile. Ya'll can have all them trips...

Not me...

SuzeCB and Lepke like this.
  5. Caspita

Caspita

shhhhh ... don't give them ideas lol!

6. Uberx24

Uberx24

Why can't they just let drivers use the destination filter? If it's my turn and there is no paxx going in my direction, then just skip me to the next, what's so difficult about that feature?? Not all drivers are going in the same direction, I'm sure there will still be plenty of drivers going different directions!!

7. easteuropeboy

easteuropeboy

Driving:
    UberX
    Well now we know what trips are short LOL and good luck picking them up ;)

8. rouz

rouz

74 cents a mile?? I wish. What’s a short trip

9. mikewithebike

mikewithebike

Driving:
    UberX
    What, are you a 75 % driver?

10. Mr. Taxi

Mr. Taxi

Maybe after your crappy trip you go for lunch or go to the bathroom; seems like a good idea; maybe the people who might get pissed off will benefit one day; I only paid attention once to the cars in Q, on a Tuesday morning( I waited over 2hours)- I was kind of taking a break though... a lot of the people who work at Newark often go short distances..

11. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Not me, either. Now when I transport other people in my car, they're friends or family.

mikewithebike likes this.
  12. Y0d4

Y0d4

What’s this 74 cent a mile you speak of

13. easteuropeboy

easteuropeboy

Driving:
    UberX
    Old school drivers are on 20% new drivers on 25

14. rouz

rouz

25% hahahaha. Good one. They have taken 85%

15. UberPete1911

UberPete1911

Driving:
    UberXL
    ...and unicorns are real. :D:D:D

16. It's a trick! Lmao and you all are falling for it! Here's how it works. You get a "short trip" to Hoboken. You do the drop and run back to the airport cause you know you'll move to the front of the que... There goes the surge at EWR cause people just run back and forth! Just work like you have been... you get a ride out you drop and see what the next best move is. Don't fall for the surge killing rebound! Use your head people Uber is NOT in it for our best interest they are in it for their best interest and to make money!

17. UberSchmuber

UberSchmuber

Driving:
    UberXL
    I agree with a "yeah but". There is another way to skin this Ubercat that I see from a simple reading of the details from Uber. Like on Penn & Teller's show, if I'm on to the "trick" just tell me to shudup and I won't say anymore. I don't believe in leaving crumbs for the ants...

18. You guys all complained about short rides after waiting in the queue, so they fix it and you still complain - your unending cynicism is poisoning you. Not a good way to live your life.

19. APRider

APRider

Fix it??? Don't be a fool, Fuber is not doing it for you.... they're going to use that to send you to Jersey Gardens for a $3.40 ride to the train station....

(I have a bridge to sell you, btw... PM me)

20. Caspita

Caspita

Well.. it is you decision to take the ping isn't it?