• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Sketch drivers

lyft_rat

Chatty pax yesterday told me he was shocked at the number of what he called "sketchy" drivers out there. Said more than once his wife had to schedule an emergency stop at a store on route to bail because the driver made her so nervous by what he said.

kdyrpr

There are millions of sketchy, obnoxious, slimy, individuals out there who haven't committed a crime (yet, or BEEN CAUGHT) or have a poor driving record. THAT is all you (supposedly) can be assured of when entering the vehicle of a stranger.

Last edited:

lyft_rat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The operative is indeed "supposedly" because it seems easy for a "legal" sketchy person to turn the driving over to an outright criminal.

I do uber x on the weekends sometimes. Pick ups are mostly from bars/clubs. I forget the number of times I've seen random drivers parked outside the bar i'm picking up my ride from, trying to steal rides. When my ride comes out a little tipsy (this only happens with young female riders) and asks the first driver they see "for Betty/Alice etc?". The random driver with an Uber sticker on his windshield says "Yes, get in".

First time it happened, I thought maybe he got the same name, but this happened a number of times at the same bar. I threatened a couple drivers with calling the cops and they drove off. For sure, there are creepy dudes pretending to be Uber drivers hanging outside bars waiting to prey on drunk girls.

Invisible

I threatened a couple drivers with calling the cops and they drove off. For sure, there are creepy dudes pretending to be Uber drivers hanging outside bars waiting to prey on drunk girls.
Sad these young women haven’t learned by now to not get so drunk they can’t look at the vehicle info/plate. There will be be another woman murdered by a fake driver.

Merc7186

Sad these young women haven’t learned by now to not get so drunk they can’t look at the vehicle info/plate. There will be be another woman murdered by a fake driver.
Are we still talking about that SC thing...thats so last month.

(Yet it still happens...)

mellorock

Chatty pax yesterday told me he was shocked at the number of what he called "sketchy" drivers out there. Said more than once his wife had to schedule an emergency stop at a store on route to bail because the driver made her so nervous by what he said.
I am almost to 4000 total rides. Yes there are loony over sensitive riders but they are rare even when I drove a taxi in the 80s they were rare .