Situation advice handling more bodies than belts

NOLA gUber

Have encountered a problem with people requesting XL ride (6 passenger max) and expecting me to carry 7. How do you guys handle this? Thanks.

stevedmc

Uber's insutance will not protect you if there isn't a seat belt for each passenger. You will be driving strangers around without any insurance. You can also get a ticket for this.

Explain this to the passengers and remain firm. If they argue, just cancel the trip, become agressive if you have to, and kick them out.

This is why it is important to keep your doors locked before people start jumping in your car.

NOLA gUber

Uber's insutance will not protect you if there isn't a seat belt for each passenger. You will be driving strangers around without any insurance. You can also get a ticket for this.

Explain this to the passengers and remain firm. If they argue, just cancel the trip, become agressive if you have to, and kick them out.

This is why it is important to keep your doors locked before people start jumping in your car.
Thank you for a solid reply.

NOLA gUber

Follow up...After visiting our local Uber office and walking away feeling dissatisfied with the answer I received when addressing this issue, (I'm not sure they have proper training) I found in Uber's material online, specifically COMMUNITY GUIDELINES, the information addressing this. My problem now is (1) the confrontation which could take place as I request them to cancel, (2) me being out of compensation and a higher cancellation percentage. So, as I see it, a dropdown menu with a selection for number of passengers when booking a ride, commits that person to that number...no more than six for XL. It's their problem and responsibility if they have more than six...then if I cancel for that "available cancellation reason" (to be created) it's on them, not me or us, the drivers. That is if I don't come across some nut who might take it out on my car or me. Geez, it's not that hard, UBER Gods, THINK!!

Last edited:

ubertruther

Why do you lames complain about uber not understanding your plight? If uber could replace all of its drivers with autonomous cars they would. They don't care about you. What is so hard to understand.

Xanvel

Why do you lames complain about uber not understanding your plight? If uber could replace all of its drivers with autonomous cars they would. They don't care about you. What is so hard to understand.
The driver's know the truth. What you said is factual, and that day may or may not come. However it is human nature to complain and moan, and this board exists for UBER driver's to vent their frustrations. Cheaper here than a bar or counseling...