Sitting inside location and no delivery??

Toby2

I’ve been inside a restaurant and gotten pings also. One bar I was in using the restroom and having a break drinking a sprite. An order came in and in 10 minutes they hit the ready button and I got the order.

Joesmith2012

I think the AI system factors in many things to give you the delivery, think of it as a pie chart, but this pie chart changes, it's not static. So it could be 25% your promotion 25% your proximity, 25% exceeding daily earnings limit, 13 % your acceptance rate, 12% have you been off the system for a while

Iamfoodgod

I think the AI system factors in many things to give you the delivery, think of it as a pie chart, but this pie chart changes, it's not static. So it could be 25% your promotion 25% your proximity, 25% exceeding daily earnings limit, 13 % your acceptance rate, 12% have you been off the system for a while
Ewww

2Cents

I figured if your too close to the restaurants tablet, the system thinks there is some kind of fraud occurring
No they're just being thoughtful of drivers who've waited all day for a ping that finally got a chance for a meal break. They wouldn't want you to get up in the middle of your meal and interrupt the driver. They know food takes at least 10 minutes to digest.

#fübrn

pcpackrat

I pick a parking lot NEAR a group of restaurants. Rarely do I get a ping sitting at the actual restaurant. Figured this out after a few weeks and that was in June of 2017. Some people think if they drive around aimlessly they get more pings too. You save more in gas and wear and tear if you just park and wait.

uberduder919

What John says makes sense. Since Uber pays you for wait time at the restaurant, then they don't want you to be right at the restaurant when they ping you. It increases the likelihood that you will have to wait (and get paid for that time) if you are right there. If you are 5 minutes away, then they don't have to pay you for the time that you spend driving to the restaurant. So you might ask, why don't they just wait 5 minutes and then ping me? Well, what if you decline the request? Now they have waited 5 minutes, and they don't have a driver. Now they're searching for drivers that are likely going to be late because they are further away. What I would imagine they do is start out pinging drivers that are about 5 minutes away. If no drivers accept, then they gradually shorten the radius as time goes on. Once the order is ready to be picked up, they shorten the radius to zero and ping the closest available driver. At that time, you would get pinged if you were sitting in the parking lot.

Keep in mind that this is all speculation on my part. I don't know any of this to be fact. I am just trying to think the way an Uber programmer would think.
This is most likely the how they adjusted the algorithim to get the most (by paying the least) out of the new pay system. The more they can shift cost to thr drivers is how they will always trend when "innovating"

Their experiment as a company is coming to head with big time investors wanting to see a return after all these years in the red. And uber will do (and has) anything to change course to get in the black. But they are so incompetent with running a @@@@ing phone application, that they manage to lose more money on corporate lifestyle waste that stealing from their core revenue makers (drivers) is the only card up their sleeve.

Hot Suomi

Today morning, I went to Victoria Point, close to Brisbane. I parked in front of McDuck and sat in car for 10 minutes. Then I went into McDuck. Over a minute I heard Uber tablet ring. I waited 1 minute and then I received order from this McDuck.

This is strange. After New Year holiday staying close to McDuck or other cafe/restaurant did not give any effect. I suppose that there were no available UE drivers around this shopping center. Sometimes I receive pings from cafe which is 7 to 10 kilometers away.

I started in November and I have to say that in Nov and Dec and also in X-mass and New Year holiday I needed only to stay on market place parking and I received pings maximum over 15 minutes. 70% of all orders came from McDuck is McDuck is on this particular area. All other 30% were from other cafe/restaurants.