Silly Q: Where is my Uber Partner/Driver Number?

Howard Cammeray

I have been asked by a third party to supply an Uber Partner/ Driver number.
I didnt know i had one and have never seen one, I think.
Anyone got any ideas, or am I blind?

Howard Cammeray

Thanks, i have that.
But is there an identifying number Uber may have issued to me, like a driver/partner number?
I know it sounds stupid to ask, but my accountant says he needs something like that in his discussions with the ATO.
And i have never seen one, which surprises me.

Instyle

Uber identifies drivers by there email or registered mobile contact number. There is no other unique identifier apart from the RMS issued numbers, but that doesn't identify you within Uber.

Howard Cammeray

Uber identifies drivers by there email or registered mobile contact number. There is no other unique identifier apart from the RMS issued numbers, but that doesn't identify you within Uber.
Thanks, thought i was going madder than i already am.
Very unusual not to have a UID in such a large organisation, but it is what it is. And as i always say.....Whatever!

Avenig

Only number I could think of is the referral code for free rides or driver referral signups.

Howard Cammeray

Yes, apparently we do all have a unique id with Uber ( callled a UUID)
Uber has just advised:

"The UUID for your account is: 2e7ac21d-0776--c6e7233fc9ae
Hope this was helpful.
Thank you."
( i have removed 10 digits from the middle for my own security, not that i dont trust you guys)

But im sort of wishing i hadnt been asked to find it in the first place, that is a very very unsightly line of digits.

Dhaw

Yes, apparently we do all have a unique id with Uber ( callled a UUID)
Uber has just advised:

"The UUID for your account is: 2e7ac21d-0776--c6e7233fc9ae
Hope this was helpful.
Thank you."
( i have removed 10 digits from the middle for my own security, not that i dont trust you guys)

But im sort of wishing i hadnt been asked to find it in the first place, that is a very very unsightly line of digits.
Well, shucks... they won't give me mine Howard!
Thanks for getting in touch, David John.

I would like to assist you, however, I can not provide you the UUID. Please understand that we are doing this to protect all of our partner's privacy and information.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

d0n

Lol, what do you want to scam people?

That info is no longer given away easily.

Howard Cammeray

So is there a way to find this uuid in the app or website?
Not that i can find, and i looked through a lot of stuff as well as the app

Well, shucks... they won't give me mine Howard!
Thanks for getting in touch, David John.

I would like to assist you, however, I can not provide you the UUID. Please understand that we are doing this to protect all of our partner's privacy and information.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
Maybe they supplied mine because i mentioned it was an interaction between my (legally empowered) accountant and the ATO. Maybe they are obliged to in that circumstance.
Whatever, it wasnt difficult, but as you might only rarely need it, does it matter, unless you need it.
I am intrigued that at the end of the day we do all have a 28 digit number that we dont know. ( and probably dont need to know most of the time.)

Last edited:

Avenig

Obviously when Uber sent the ATO the driver data, each driver record was identified with the UUID