1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Silliest things you did as a new driver

Discussion in 'Stories' started by reg barclay, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Picked up a drunk who wanted to go through McDonalds. I did so and waited in a long line of cars. We get to window, got the food and left. No sooner left and drunk said he did not get everything he wanted. Went through line again.

2. NORMY

NORMY

Drove to Pickering Ontario, instead of Pickering St Toronto. I was 5 minutes from Pickering st

3. freddieman

freddieman

This just gets me laughing

Alan Tirado likes this.
  4. rallias

rallias

Oh... I forgot another one...

I responded to a passengers flirting for a free cheeseburger.

MHR, Christinebitg and Rakos like this.
  5. kdyrpr

kdyrpr

First weekend. Didn't know how to cancel ride. Had no clue about the 5 minute deadline. No show after like 10 minutes. Since I didn't have any idea how to cancel I started trip then ended it. What's funny is that a cancellation fee for driver at that time was $7.50. The minimum fare was $4.00.

Let 5 people in my backseat. Thankfully they were only going 1 mile down street.

Had two pukers. One was bad. The other minimal. Had no idea you could report it and get paid.

It is important to note that I watched the video that UBER provided concerning using the app.

Shocking that they didn't bother to mention how to cancel or be reimbursed for damage to your car, isn't it??

6. Jufkii

Jufkii

Driving:
    UberX
    Spent several hours watching UberMan Randy youtube videos in preparation of the important task of being an Uber driver. Notes were taken but tossed after a day or two.

Drove my first 2 riders for free. Once I arrived at the pickup the screen didn't switch to the start trip screen.I was afraid if i started dinking around with the phone trying to find it I might totally lose the ride.

Also contacted Support about it in the belief they could be helpful.

Mista T and Rakos like this.
  7. goneubering

goneubering

Driving:
    UberX
    Now you’re just showing off!! ;)

MHR and DocT like this.
  8. goneubering

goneubering

Driving:
    UberX
    If you dread it why are you accepting those pings? Don’t make my rookie mistake thinking you must accept every ping. Listen to your gut feeling about potential riders and locations. Your safety is MUCH more important than picking up riders from a sketchy location.

Rakos likes this.
  9. Veal66

Veal66

Driving:
    UberX
    The very first 2 days driving on this job, I wore a dress shirt and tie, smh. Stopped that nonsense on day 3.

EphLux, Bluto1899, freddieman and 5 others like this.
  10. Bus Bozo

Bus Bozo

Went out my first day never considering the audible nav and need for a charger, nav was annoying and phone near dead in about 3 hours. Apologized for the nav and told each pax they were my first ride, and each one tipped...thought that was the norm. If only! Started using an earbud and got a charger the next day. :confused:

BigBadJohn, Rakos, DocT and 1 other person like this.
  11. UsedToBeAPartner

UsedToBeAPartner

Driving:
    UberX
    I was going to post my story until I read this! Based on today's Uber I would have to agree! I joined this sham organization before it became a sham and I looked forward to driving EVERYDAY. I sure wish it could return to being the business it was in the past.

12. Agreed! I went out for 3.5 hours today and grossed $35. I don't look forward to it anymore.

Cableguynoe, BigBadJohn and Rakos like this.
  13. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    You...me...and a large number...

of hardcore Uber drivers...

In the beginning I used to wonder...

Just how long before they screwed it up...

I think we found an answer...8>O

Too Late...it's time has passed...8>)

On to the next great adventure...

Anyone up for some Blackjack action...???

Rakos
    Copy of f9e06f772c69b65b19790646b5d3c041--funny-monkeys-poker-face.jpg

14. freddieman

freddieman

2nd ever ping which was 10 min....which was majority freeway drive, deliver pax .07 miles.

A lesson learned. Welcome to Uber!

LOL! That’s pretty cringy

15. ChicagoMike

ChicagoMike

The silliest thing I did as a new driver was not learning the app before going online. I started four years ago. Back then, you had to opt-in to using Google maps. Uber didn't have in-app navigation. But they did have an option to make Google maps your default navigation. So every pickup, I had to manually type in the address when I couldve just pressed a button and let it come up for me. I remember my second pick up, I picked up these two girls who were at a concert and staying at a hotel a few miles away. I asked them where to go and they said "just follow the navigation." I had no idea what they meant because I didn't know how to bring up the navigation.

What pisses me off about drivers today is they don't know how to do pickups. GTFO of traffic. If your obstructing traffic, you're doing your pickup wrong. Sometimes you just gotta cancel. The other day I had a pickup at Lincoln and Wilson (Chicago). There's absolutely no where to pullover at that intersection because it's under construction. The rider wasn't there, so I drove through and cancelled. No fee, which sucks for me, but riders need to be aware of their pickup circumstances, and new drivers need to be aware they can't just obstruct traffic at 5:30 on a Friday night so they can make an extra 5 bucks.

Mista T likes this.
  16. UsedToBeAPartner

UsedToBeAPartner

Driving:
    UberX
    I confirmed with the Uber Greenlight that the promotion I received is legit so after not having driven in over a year, I am going out this morning and hope to get the job done this week. My promotion will pay me $600 for taking 50 rides. That's $12/ride guarantee. I should be able to hang out downtown or at malls and take those short rides nobody wants (or deserves) and I will get paid. I just hope that Uber does not stop giving me pings after I have about 40 rides under my belt. I have plenty of time to get these 50 rides (mid Jan) but hope to get it all done in a about a week. I will let you know how it goes.

Christinebitg likes this.
  17. ROFLMAO, you da man,jmo

18. Jufkii

Jufkii

Driving:
    UberX
    Waited 7 or 8 minutes for one late pax. Finally walked up to the house and knocked on the door to let them know their Uber was here. Even volunteered to carry their luggage down the driveway to my car. No tip afterwards either.

Mista T likes this.
  19. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Try going 10 hours with 1 ride the day before Thanksgiving

I don't do x/pool

Cableguynoe likes this.
  20. 1. Tab "Accept" for every single request regardless of rating or distance

2. Chase after those fake surges

3. Taking McDonald deliveries for just $3

4. Without knowing $3.75 is more lucrative than a min-fare $2.29