1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Silliest things you did as a new driver

Discussion in 'Stories' started by reg barclay, Nov 26, 2018.

1. She just looks like a sunny FL girl.

Rakos likes this.
  2. Thanks for the tip. Just changed it. It’s still me but you can’t see my face.

Over/Uber, Uber's Guber and Rakos like this.
  3. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    Hi BK...I live in Port Richey...8>)

I get to hear the helicopter...

On Saturday nights too...8>)

We are hosted on LivePD...

Rakos
    Copy of gibraltar-50868_960_720.jpg

4. Gotta love the Live PD and helicopter action! You get many pick ups at that slummy motel on Green Key & 19? I dread those pick ups.

Rakos likes this.
  5. My first ride --- picked up an elderly woman who spoke little English. I accidentally ended the ride ( before it started ) and had no way of knowing where she was going. I could understand little of what she was saying. She finally called her daughter who told me the address and I had to use my GPS to get there.
    My thought - This might not be as easy as I thought it would be ! Also, no pay on that one.

6. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    Some people just want to be pissed off.

Only thing I'd have done differently is call a lot sooner.

Christine

MHR, Rakos and Seamus like this.
  7. DocT

DocT Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Uber: First ping. Had no idea what I was suppose to do on that radar screen. Touched the center of the radar-style circle map, and got the pick-up location. Drove there, and didn't know I was suppose to swipe "Arrived." Pax and mistress enters, and I finally see the "Arrived" button. Swiped, and swiped again to start trip. Arrived at destination, and had no idea I was suppose to swipe up and then swipe end trip.

Offered water to pax.
    Declined tips because our TOS said to kindly decline tips and to remind pax that tips are not necessary unless pax INSIST on it, because "we deserved it!"
    Wait over 10min on pax.
    Drive 6 miles because pax put in the wrong pick-up location.
    Drove BASE RATE on X because I didn't know UberPLUS (predecessor of UberSELECT) existed.
    Chased surges. Back then, the surge encompassed an entire city, and then some. By the time I entered the surging city, the surge was GONE.
    :oops::oops::oops:

8. LMAO

Rakos likes this.
  9. Jufkii

Jufkii

Driving:
    UberX
    Waited 20 minutes for a pax while he grocery shopped. Then carried his groceries into his apartment hopeful the extra effort would result in a tip.

10. rallias

rallias

I used an app to automatically accept rides.

11. Accepted a 2.5x to airport in morning rush, started trip and got out to load luggage. Got back in and swiped again and accidentally ended the trip. Told her to rerequest and accepted the new ping...at base rate. At least she had the decency to throw me a cash tip after I saved her quite a bit of money. I would've rather gave her the tip.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Rakos and DocT like this.
  12. Grunions

Grunions

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Arrived at a bar to pick up a rider. Rider texts in app and apologizes, changes the PU location. The rider provided the cross streets and the name of the bar. I began to head to the other location. The rider said the location was next to the Panera in the same parking lot. I pulled over and Googled the name of the bar, only to find they don't have any locations in the regional area. I also realized that there was no Panera at that location, and cancelled the ride. I felt silly falling for the rider's game.

I reported the ride to Uber and got the full cancel fee.

Rakos likes this.
  13. Cared

Cableguynoe, Mista T and Rakos like this.
  14. JC17

JC17

My first night I still took pax after I canceled the ride cause they said their phone died and would tip me in the app never did see that tip

Ubersinger likes this.
  15. Added Uber to Lyft only to find out that Uber has more demand like I thought. However, it takes 2 45+ minute Uber rides to equal the payment of 1 Lyft 45+ ride. :(

SuperStar3000 and Rakos like this.
  16. R.M.Ahmad

R.M.Ahmad

I forgot to start a trip to the end. I knew the destination. I just didn't know why Uber satnav always pointing backward.

Rakos likes this.
  17. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I
    I've done that. The app later asked if I wanted to use the original estimate for the trip. Oh yeah. :)

I think it was in June, right at Tesco started driving.

Christine

18. When I was a noob

UberX:
    Drove a pax before drop off to McDs long line drive through that took me forever because he said his hungry!

Uber Eats:
    Drove a very far delivery drop off for an order that has a wrong delivery address. I even called uber support while driving to report this issue (how noob).

I didn't realize there is a cancel button and a possible free food for me. (I'm a faakin noob) lol

DocT and Rakos like this.
  19. Picked up 5 from the club district (on X) they promised to tip me well. Took them thru McDs (at bar closing time... 15 minutes). We arrived at the apartment and they bolted. Only thing left was a half eaten hamburger bun on the floor, no tip. Bunch of ****ing losers. I learned very fast from that one.

KK2929 and Rakos like this.
  20. I picked up at a grocery store and helped load and unload . I really earned that 3.75 . Thankfully Uber and LYFT give us plenty of opportunities to learn what not to do .

Rakos and Mista T like this.