• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Silliest things you did as a new driver

reg barclay

What are some of the silliest things you did as a new driver.

I'll start with one and embarrass myself.

Way back when I started I was pretty gung ho. One of my first rides wanted to tip me and I tried convincing them it wasn't necessary. (This was back in the days before in app tipping etc, when tips were 'included').

RDWRER

What are some of the silliest things you did as a new driver.

I'll start with one and embarrass myself.

Way back when I started I was pretty gung ho. One of my first rides wanted to tip me and I tried convincing them it wasn't necessary. (This was back in the days before in app tipping etc, when tips were 'included').
I did that one, but only because I knew Uber was paying police departments to arrest anyone for “accepting cash”. I figured refusing once would be proof enough that it was being pushed on me instead of me expecting or soliciting it. Stopped once in app tipping was added since I figured if a digital tip wasn’t a problem then a physical tip shouldn’t be either.

reg barclay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Spending almost 15 minutes circling a parking lot to pick up an Uber Poop rider instead of waiting at the pin.
Pax put in wrong pickup location and I waited where the pin was, then called cause he hadn’t appeared at 4 mins, found out where he truly was and drove to his actual location 5 miles further away.
:oopsies:
*I’m so ashamed*
I did things similar to both of those when I first started. I'm not even sure I knew we could cancel until I came here.

HotUberMess

Two years ago: Had a rider who dropped the pin outside of the surge area. I got there, saw the pin was in a nonsense spot, called the rider and he tried to talk me into coming to the surge to get him. I was halfway wise at that point so I said no, and canceled. And I got NOTHING!

If that were a year after I started, I would have started, driven around maybe even opened Lyft up and taken a rider, then stopped the Uber trip and made him call and dispute the ride. I would call Uber first though and say he’d ordered the trip for another rider.

If that happened now, I would say “Oh yeah, sure”, gone and gotten him, then called Uber and gotten my surge anyway.

Castaneda7189

Drove a drunk girl home alone at 3.5x surge 35 minutes away. Find out I had taken the wrong girl. The drunk girl woke up screaming and I decided to call the police. I had no dashcam and I could have seriously gotten into deep trouble if she had accused me of anything. Lessoned learned...dashcam and no lonely drunk girls...ever! I also don’t pick up any Lindsey’s. So a ping from any Lindsey is an automatic “decline.” Sorry but the Lindseys can find someone else.

Add insult to injury? Uber took back the money.

goneubering

Drove a drunk girl home alone at 3.5x surge 35 minutes away. Find out I had taken the wrong girl. The drunk girl woke up screaming and I decided to call the police. I had no dashcam and I could have seriously gotten into deep trouble if she had accused me of anything. Lessoned learned...dashcam and no lonely drunk girls...ever! I also don’t pick up any Lindsey’s. So a ping from any Lindsey is an automatic “decline.” Sorry but the Lindseys can find someone else.

Add insult to injury? Uber took back the money.
I keep a list to make an immediate cancel if I ever see that rider name pop up again.