1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Silliest things you did as a new driver

Discussion in 'Stories' started by reg barclay, Nov 26, 2018.

1. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    What are some of the silliest things you did as a new driver.

I'll start with one and embarrass myself.

Way back when I started I was pretty gung ho. One of my first rides wanted to tip me and I tried convincing them it wasn't necessary. (This was back in the days before in app tipping etc, when tips were 'included').

2. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn

Came back for day 2.

3. Spending almost 15 minutes circling a parking lot to pick up an Uber Poop rider instead of waiting at the pin.

4. MHR

MHR Moderator

Pax put in wrong pickup location and I waited where the pin was, then called cause he hadn’t appeared at 4 mins, found out where he truly was and drove to his actual location 5 miles further away.

*I’m so ashamed* :oops:

5. 4 years ago. Pax hoppes in, says “airport”. I head for airport.
    Drop off pax. Perfect

Oops......
    I never started the trip

Back then uber was nice, a text popped up from uber asking “Do u require assistance?”

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  6. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    First day out, I ate all the mints and drank all the waters....without sharing. :oops:

7. TXqwi3812

TXqwi3812

Started and completed the ride without the pax. Come to think of it maybe that was the smartest thing I ever did. I did get one starred.

8. RDWRER

RDWRER

Driving:
    UberX
    I did that one, but only because I knew Uber was paying police departments to arrest anyone for “accepting cash”. I figured refusing once would be proof enough that it was being pushed on me instead of me expecting or soliciting it. Stopped once in app tipping was added since I figured if a digital tip wasn’t a problem then a physical tip shouldn’t be either.

Rakos and jgiun1 like this.
  9. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I did things similar to both of those when I first started. I'm not even sure I knew we could cancel until I came here.

10. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Staged in a 3x surge area for about half an hour before I realized I was offline the whole time.

11. massey

massey

mine is the funniest one lol , when i just started , the drop off was a mcdonald so they rider got out before that so now i cant end the trip , i just keep circling around the mcdonald . i was so mad , just turn off my phone

12. goneubering

goneubering

Driving:
    UberX
    Did that too. I’m so ashamed.

13. Cough...bar pick up...after 10 mins of no response went in and asked bouncer if they've seen so and so....it was a snowy night and 3x surge if that lessens the cringe.

14. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Got so distracted with app and talking on my third trip that I started to drive the wrong way on a one way street.

15. jgiun1

jgiun1

Switching to Uber after 3,500 lyft rides thinking the over 3,000 Uber rides now would be any different or better.

16. Provided water and candy... never again

17. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    All the different places and things I have urinated on.

There was also a time I ate a riders leftover food they left in my car 3 times lol

18. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

Two years ago: Had a rider who dropped the pin outside of the surge area. I got there, saw the pin was in a nonsense spot, called the rider and he tried to talk me into coming to the surge to get him. I was halfway wise at that point so I said no, and canceled. And I got NOTHING!

If that were a year after I started, I would have started, driven around maybe even opened Lyft up and taken a rider, then stopped the Uber trip and made him call and dispute the ride. I would call Uber first though and say he’d ordered the trip for another rider.

If that happened now, I would say “Oh yeah, sure”, gone and gotten him, then called Uber and gotten my surge anyway.

19. Drove a drunk girl home alone at 3.5x surge 35 minutes away. Find out I had taken the wrong girl. The drunk girl woke up screaming and I decided to call the police. I had no dashcam and I could have seriously gotten into deep trouble if she had accused me of anything. Lessoned learned...dashcam and no lonely drunk girls...ever! I also don’t pick up any Lindsey’s. So a ping from any Lindsey is an automatic “decline.” Sorry but the Lindseys can find someone else.

Add insult to injury? Uber took back the money.

20. goneubering

goneubering

Driving:
    UberX
    I keep a list to make an immediate cancel if I ever see that rider name pop up again.

Uber Crack, Rakos and Castaneda7189 like this.