Inshur

How many people are going to be spending $250 on the permit?

• Yes, it's worth the $250 to make bank in the Hamptons!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, I don't want to drive 75+ miles to drive arrogant, entitled brats!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Manhmptn

Why do you keep opening all those threads about SH?
What is your benefit?
Can't you keep it for yourself?
As you can see, nobody replies those threads about SH.

Don't stir the chit, it becomes more chit!

Last edited by a moderator:

LGC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why do you keep opening all those threads about SH?
What is your benefit?
Can't you keep it for yourself?
As you can see, nobody replies those threads about SH.

Don't stir the chit, it becomes more chit!
What's my benefit??

I don't have a benefit.

You; on the other hand, seem to have a major issue with uber operating in the Hamptons and don't want anybody here going out there.

Does it hurt your business? I could care less.

This is a forum about Uber and my thread is information about uber.

Edit: If you're so concerned about people knowing about it, don't bump my thread and just let it die. I'm sure the extra one or 2 drivers that show up to SH because of my thread won't affect your summer business.

Uber Driver 007

Depends on who has the time to drive out there. I personally could care less.

DRIVE TO THE HAMPTONS -- MAKE $2,000 A WEEKEND -- UBER ON!

Manhmptn

What's my benefit??

I don't have a benefit.

You; on the other hand, seem to have a major issue with uber operating in the Hamptons and don't want anybody here going out there.

Does it hurt your business? I could care less.

This is a forum about Uber and my thread is information about uber.

Edit: If you're so concerned about people knowing about it, don't bump my thread and just let it die. I'm sure the extra one or 2 drivers that show up to SH because of my thread won't affect your summer business.

First of all, it is not my summer business here. I live in Southampton year around and enjoy the beaches and other local activities, unlike all other Uber drivers who are online 24 hours and sleeping in their cars.

Those homeless and unlicensed Uber drivers does not hurt my business at all. Because I am local here, of course I do have plenty of regular local clients. So, my income is not solely based on Uber. I do Uber and Lyft on the side.

My point was, I understand that you work with Uber here and it is not a problem for me at all since there are hundreds of drivers that invade East End every weekend.

The thing is, why do you need to open a new thread for every single -SH related- email Uber sends to thousands of VIP drivers since there are plenty of existing threads about Uber in LI and SH here in NYC section of the forum?

If you are coming here every weekend and making whatever, just keep it for yourself. You don't need to copy/paste every single email Uber sends to it's thousands of VIP drivers. We all know those emails.

Other than that, more you mention SH, more clueless and curious newbies will invade here, so YOU will get less pings in this small market.

Every single clueless newbie coming here will make YOU wait longer to receive a ping.

There are plenty of drivers who don't reply your SH topics. Ever wondered why?

Hope you understand my point now.

LGC

First of all, it is not my summer business here. I live in Southampton year around and enjoy the beaches and other local activities, unlike all other Uber drivers who are online 24 hours and sleeping in their cars.

Those homeless and unlicensed Uber drivers does not hurt my business at all. Because I am local here, of course I do have plenty of regular local clients. So, my income is not solely based on Uber. I do Uber and Lyft on the side.

My point was, I understand that you work with Uber here and it is not a problem for me at all since there are hundreds of cockroaches invade East End every weekend.

The thing is, why do you need to open a new thread for every single -SH related- email Uber sends to thousands of VIP drivers since there are plenty of existing threads about Uber in LI and SH here in NYC section of the forum?

If you are coming here every weekend and making whatever, just keep it for yourself. You don't need to copy/paste every single email Uber sends to it's thousands of VIP drivers. We all know those emails.

Other than that, more you mention SH, more clueless and curious newbies will invade here, so YOU will get less pings in this small market.

Every single clueless newbie coming here will make YOU wait longer to receive a ping.

There are plenty of drivers who don't reply your SH topics. Ever wondered why?

Hope you understand my point now.
Driver saturation is a problem everywhere. I feel your pain, but......

Just as you see it there, I see people sleeping in cars all over Manhattan. These people probably live further away from the city just as you do.

Maybe the TLC should have a rule restricting drivers that live a certain distance away from getting licensed in the city.

That way there is no risk of you driving fatigued and getting into an accident on your way home - g-d forbid, with a passenger.

My point is - drivers have always slept in their cars. It's not only the "newbie" drivers, it's the veterans as well. It's part of the industry and you must know that.

While you deny it in one sentence, you follow up with another sentence that clearly shows you have an issue with the drivers that come to work out in the Hamptons - and, I'm sure it's not because they park and sleep on your property.

(Btw, I don't appreciate the name calling and I'm not going to bother stooping to your level and calling you one back.)

There was a previous thread about Lyft operating in Southampton and you replied saying that "at least they are operating legally".

I suspect you didn't call that person out for creating that thread because Lyft doesn't affect your business as much as uber does.

Your wish came true. Uber is making sure all it's drivers are now licensed - why the hostility?

The town you live in will get the permit revenue and thus you will hopefully pay less taxes.

Do you honestly think that there are so many VIP drivers in the NYC forum willing to spend the $250 that will cause your business to go down?

My thread was read by less then 200 people and of those 200, I'm sure maybe 20 were TLC licensed and VIP. Of those 20, maybe 10 will pay for the permit.

If anything you should be happy, I think this will help business in the hamptons. Drivers need permits now - permits cost $$ - so you'll get more pings.

I assure you...... my thread won't make any difference in your life.

Don't be so serious.

Manhmptn

Whover told you that name is wrong.

UberMike guy already disclosed who I am on his FB page.

Call me Kayser Soze. Maybe multiple person using this account. You'll never know.

Anyway, next time bring your friends along with their friends of friends. Park your cars vertically on SH LIRR station which is the only place you guys never get ticket. There ia a bathroom to wash up too.

Good luck!

LGC

Whover told you that name is wrong.

UberMike guy already disclosed who I am on his FB page.

Call me Kayser Soze. Maybe multiple person using this account. You'll never know.

Anyway, next time bring your friends along with their friends of friends. Park your cars vertically on SH LIRR station which is the only place you guys never get ticket. There ia a bathroom to wash up too.

Good luck!
If you say so.

I saw his post about you......

I don't believe he's correct. You live in Southampton. The guy he mentioned does not.

I have no friends in this business, so an army of uber cars won't be coming up with me.

I never park at SH lirr.

I have friends that own in Sag and have a place to stay whenever I want.

I'd be willing to bet that their bathroom is cleaner than the one at LIRR - hell, I'm pretty certain it's cleaner than yours.

Last edited:

Manhmptn

I'm pretty certain it's cleaner than yours.
Stop childish insults kiddo, neither you nor your friends can afford to live where I live.

Anyway, you may pee further. I don't care. You are probably half of my age.

Have fun and good luck. Enjoy your topic. Off/

LGC

Stop childish insults kiddo, neither you nor your friends can afford to live where I live.

Anyway, you may pee further. I don't care. You are probably half of my age.

Have fun and good luck. Enjoy your topic. Off/
Haha......

You're talking to me about childish insults?

You're the king of insults.

I particularly love your claim of wealth......

You must be the wealthiest uber driver out there.

Unlike you, I don't pretend to be wealthy, but I guarantee you that you're incorrect about the people I know / hang out with.

They can buy and sell you many times over.

In regards to my age.......

You'll never know.

ubershiza

Haha......

You're talking to me about childish insults?

You're the king of insults.

I particularly love your claim of wealth......

You must be the wealthiest uber driver out there.

Unlike you, I don't pretend to be wealthy, but I guarantee you that you're incorrect about the people I know / hang out with.

They can buy and sell you many times over.

In regards to my age.......

You'll never know.
Will someone please pass the gray poupon.

UberRose

I dont understand what this fuss about the Hamptons is about....I went there a month ago when Uber had sent me a VIP driver email asking me to go there....I waited for a ping for FIVE HOURS there!!! And then I finally got a ping from these 4 girls who seemed to be talking about marijuana or cocaine....And that ride was only 6 minutes long!!!.....But I got paid I think $18 for it. It was double the rate but considering the fact that I had to drive 2 hours and then wait another FIVE hours to get a ping did not make it worth it for me!...So, I dont think I will be going to the hamptons again. But its not some hidden gem for uber drivers there!! You will wait long hours to get a tiny ping!!! You might as well camp out in Manhattan!

Inshur New York