• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Sidecar, RIP

RainbowPlate

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenhuet/2015/08/05/sidecar-pivots-to-mostly-deliveries-company/

"Sidecar, an on-demand car service that trailed far behind Uber and Lyft despite often being the first to build new and creative features, is morphing into mainly a delivery service for other businesses, the company told FORBES. The move suggests that the industry’s established players — Uber and Lyft — have pulled so far ahead that it’s become nearly impossible for Sidecar to compete."​

Oh My

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenhuet/2015/08/05/sidecar-pivots-to-mostly-deliveries-company/

"Sidecar, an on-demand car service that trailed far behind Uber and Lyft despite often being the first to build new and creative features, is morphing into mainly a delivery service for other businesses, the company told FORBES. The move suggests that the industry’s established players — Uber and Lyft — have pulled so far ahead that it’s become nearly impossible for Sidecar to compete."​
They had a very schlep rider clientele. The fact you don't get paid for 21 days if their credit card declined (and there were MANY of them) didn't help either.

KMANDERSON

our they getting out of rideshare all together are they just focusing more on delivery.If they getting out of rideshare all together I think that bad cause they were the best for driver set you own rates

Oh My

our they getting out of rideshare all together are they just focusing more on delivery.If they getting out of rideshare all together I think that bad cause they were the best for driver set you own rates
It doesn't matter when there were no riders.

Oh My

I never drove for them cause where I live there no sidecar.But if your signed up for uber and lyft whatever you get from sidecar is just extra.
If a riders credit card was maxed out Sidecar didn't pay you for over 21 days. There were ALOT of those in Chicago.

You didn't miss anything.

KMANDERSON

If a riders credit card was maxed out Sidecar didn't pay you for over 21 days. There were ALOT of those in Chicago.

You didn't miss anything.
that probably the reason they failed as a rideshare company they did not check if the credit card on file had available money on it

Neil Yaremchuk

Uber and Lyft will find away to put the nail in the coffin on Sidecar now. They should invest in the people delivery game. Sure they are further behind but at the same time, Lyft and Uber have made soooo many mistakes that Sidecar could easily develop a more polished version of the two. The best talent from rideshares would easily abandon to come to a better program and still provide better service. If Uber just shared a billion dollars with their "partners" they would still be a generous 17 billion dollar valuation. With happier drivers, they would shut the door o Lyft, Sidecar and any other competitor.

Emp9

i just wish uber had some of their features, like drop off radius. and set my own fare.

KMANDERSON

i just wish uber had some of their features, like drop off radius. and set my own fare.
uber does not have that feature because there the biggest rideshare company.If sidecar was as big they would not have it either

Emp9

uber does not have that feature because there the biggest rideshare company.If sidecar was as big they would not have it either
setting your own pick up and drop off radius would work , some like to work locally and some need to get back closer to home. it should work even with a big company. also many new drivers will pick up everything that can.

KMANDERSON

setting your own pick up and drop off radius would work , some like to work locally and some need to get back closer to home. it should work even with a big company. also many new drivers will pick up everything that can.
big company don't have to care about the driver they got plenty of them that why uber want put a tipping option.Lyft and sidecar have to recruit driver so they have things that drivers like cause they need drivers uber over saturates cities we make uber powerful.That why I'm a big advocate for lyft and I'm sad sidecar will eventually be out of rideshare cause they have features driver like

sUBERu2u

Well this explains why my driver app approval was dragging on. Eventually I got approved for deliveries.