Sidecar needs my approval

LAuberX

To do quarterly driver license checks on me for PUC compliance.

That will be one report for each ride I give! Nobody uses Sidecar!

elelegido

That's because the company has a silly name. A sidecar is an attachment to the side of a motorcycle that gives more car-like accommodation to a passenger. A side - thing that looks a bit like a car. A sidecar!

This company just chose a random name that has the word "car" in it. They could have chosen carbuncle, or carbohydrate, or incarceration.

LAuberX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So if Uber and Sidecar each do 4 checks per year this will help pay California's debt!

frndthDuvel

I just signed up for Sidecar. Cost to do so was about the same as I might make with them but one never knows. To make a break through against LYFT/UBER I would imagine Sidecar is going to have to get more Drivers. To do so could mean higher rates for us, while hopefully they give away discounted rides to attract PAX attention. Either LYFT or Sidecar will really only have one way to attack UBER, that is through the Drivers. Paying the Drivers more than they get from UBRr if only for a little while. Perhaps some some big money will realize the dissatisfaction UBER is generating with its Drivers and will step in strive to be the kinder and gentler to the Driver Ride APP.