• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Sidecar in Chicago

Scott V.

Not much demand. I like using Sidecar when I have a pre-arranged ride. You can make money on the referral and 100% of the fare. Plus, you can define what the fare will be. One thing to note is that Sidecar's base fare is ridiculously low. 75 cents a mile, 18 cents a minute, but the flag/start rate is 2.55.

sidecar driver here. Sidecar's marketing presence and brand awareness in Chicago is non-existent (Sidecar's main markets are SF and LA).

If you want to be a driver (and need money right away), consider the other providers first.

On the passenger side, as Scott V notes.....it's the cheapest option for long rides by far (perfect for airport runs).

And if you like cars, Sidecar has a pretty interesting menagerie of choices: everything from your standard sedan to lux. SUVs. and for those unfamiliar w/sidecar that's their gimmick: 'you choose the car/driver at a set price provided upfront.'

tohunt4me

More correctly UberTrucker , "What was Sidecar". It died a few years ago...about the same time as this Zombie thread. You love trolling around the graveyard kicking over headstones, lol.
This Necromancer wishes to reveal the secrets of the Dead.

More correctly UberTrucker , "What was Sidecar". It died a few years ago...about the same time as this Zombie thread. You love trolling around the graveyard kicking over headstones, lol.
And now, the dead demand a balanced exchange.
They shall charge toll upon your life for the exchange.

Divining the future from the past can yield chaff , very costly chaff.

The door you open allows escape.
As was forbidden to King Saul.
Crossing the veil is forbidden.

Yet some of the highest offices contain practitioners.
Sleeping dogs and spirits should be left
to rest.

Attachments

Last edited:

karachi

*UberTrucker reported yet again for his obsessive necrophilia... you all should do the same by reporting for "trolling by necro-posting"