Sidecar, ever gotten a rider?

Roberto

I sure haven't. What was it like? How much did you make relative to Uber? They keep sending emails about changing pricing. I don't think that's the issue. Think they and lyft not gonna last.

UberGirl

Lyft will be the winner if only they do rebranding! I want to switch to lyft the only thing is the don't accept any of the pictures I send them for avatar:smiles: they got me so mad they don't like my selfies:wink:)

LookyLou

I sure haven't. What was it like? How much did you make relative to Uber? They keep sending emails about changing pricing. I don't think that's the issue. Think they and lyft not gonna last.
Where are you at Roberto?

Sidecar is a distant 3rd in the race for sure, but I started with them and I do still do rides for them. The volume of users is just not there in most markets to make them a real factor. I wish this wasn't the case because I like their app and concept the best.

Roberto

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm in OC. Lyft just rejected me as they "have too many applicants." Think the mentor didn't like me though, got 4.9 rating on Uber so guess I'll just keep doing what i'm doing. Hope Lyft folds now.

Moofish

I got the same response from Lyft in OC, Which is weird,because whenever I turn the app on, I only see 1 or 2 drivers in my area. Also a 4.9 on Uber.

TomNashville

My
Lyft will be the winner if only they do rebranding! I want to switch to lyft the only thing is the don't accept any of the pictures I send them for avatar:smiles: they got me so mad they don't like my selfies:wink:)
My mentor took my pic, didn't they set you up with one?

UberGirl

She did but they said they couldn't accept it... I emailed them asking if I can continue the process, sent a picture, but the email of the lady I was corresponding to is no longer working. Waiting on a response from drive for lyft

Jeeves

I have had some Sidecar riders. I've also left the app on forever and forgotten and missed some rides. Sidecar passengers generally say they use Sidecar exclusively. The app is flexible, and the pricing is always cheaper or at least competitive. I have taken some rides on Sidecar too, and they seem to have the low end of vehicles and drivers in the ring of rideshare.

u_no_me

I have taken some rides on Sidecar too, and they seem to have the low end of vehicles and drivers in the ring of rideshare.
My experience from attending events for all 3 in Chicago may not be representative, but I've noticed Lyft drivers seem to be the best pool of "normal" people.

Jeeves

Agreed. Normal people with giant pink furry mustaches on the grill of the car. But you are right, by far the most normal out of the ring of three rideshares.
My experience from attending events for all 3 in Chicago may not be representative, but I've noticed Lyft drivers seem to be the best pool of "normal" people.

UberGirl

She did but they said they couldn't accept it... I emailed them asking if I can continue the process, sent a picture, but the email of the lady I was corresponding to is no longer working. Waiting on a response from drive for lyft
Yesssss, lyft is finalizing my process, bye bye greedy uber

BJH

I live in the San Gabriel Valley area so there hasn't been that much business for me. I think their app is way better than Uber's. You have more control over your pickup radius.

Iacono6

I drive for both UberBlack and SideCar, and I can tell you first hand that I got 3x for calls for sideCar than I have for Uber. This past weekend I drove around West Hollywood and within minutes I started getting SideCar calls. I'm also waiting for my background investigation process to complete for Lyft, but that seems to be taking forever. It's been almost a mouth now.

This past weekend I drove my desired location and started both SideCar and Uber Apps. I did 12 trips for SideCar and 3 for UberBlack. A lot of the riders I've spoken to, they all tell me that they are starting to use SideCar a lot more now. My SideCar setting are set to, Base $8 with a 1.3x multiplier Pick up radius of 3 miles and drop of to 10 miles. I do this because my fares for SideCar are always less, and I don't want to be taken to far away from my original location.

Andrew M

I think there was another promo that gave riders free rides all weekend, up to $25. Also, got a text that we'd keep 100% of our fares this weekend. I have yet to give a ride on it, however. I've only gotten 1 ride request that I declined, because it was 15 minutes away for a $9 fare.

Arlington Driver

Sidecar was offering free shared rides in the Washington DC market. Drivers were offered 1.5 x the regular fares with no comission. I gave 15 rides and got about $20 in tips on those 15 rides.

LookyLou

Sidecar was offering free shared rides in the Washington DC market. Drivers were offered 1.5 x the regular fares with no comission. I gave 15 rides and got about $20 in tips on those 15 rides.
So, did you have many of those rides that were actually shared where you picked up 2 different pax on the same ride?

Arlington Driver

Three of the fifteen rides were shared. In addition, one shared rids had both parties cancel while I was still en route to pick up the first party. This week shared rides are only free, if a shared ride is available which is up to Sidecar.