Sidecar deliveries

Chicago-uber

Today I got an email that sidecar launches delivery program in Chicago next week. So I signed up, took their goofy little quiz and looks like I'm all set.

What should I expect for deliveries? How are their payouts? Is it really worth it?

Thanks in advance.

leroy jenkins

***What should I expect for deliveries?***

looks like it's mainly food/GrubHub orders.

***How are their payouts? Is it really worth it? ***
maybe worth it for the intro period, $20/hr. esp. since Sidecar will pay parking tix temporarily.

long-term? prob. won't be worth it, sidecar commission = 25%, you won't be paid for waiting, you're 'competing' against an El Salvadoran on a bike who'll work for $2 per drop.

leroy jenkins

***then just do deliveries off shift along with regular rides.***

LMFAO. Will never drive for Sidecar again. 25% commission on top of their low-ass fares. + the $2 SRF on long rides. F-off and go bankrupt Sidecar, tell pets.com I send my regards.

too bad though. they did have a chance become #2 and blew it.

zMann

***What should I expect for deliveries?***

looks like it's mainly food/GrubHub orders.

***How are their payouts? Is it really worth it? ***
maybe worth it for the intro period, $20/hr. esp. since Sidecar will pay parking tix temporarily.

long-term? prob. won't be worth it, sidecar commission = 25%, you won't be paid for waiting, you're 'competing' against an El Salvadoran on a bike who'll work for $2 per drop.
Bike vs Car deliveries, seems difficult for the car

Oh My

Parking tickets, towing, feeding meters, cab drivers taking their break in whatever Loading Zones available, not only waiting for food to be prepared but waiting for the doorman/desk clerk to do 3 other things before tending to you. Oh and then wait at the apartment door as they couldn't hear you knocking because "I was in the back room!" or bath tub even though the doorman just called them about their delivery. No cell reception in some of these maze-like hallways in highrises.

I would say if SC has a rule that you just leave the crap at their door after 60 seconds of no response then give it a shot. Track tips the first 5 deliveries too (if any).

Is SideCar supplying those insulated carriers to keep the food warm or are you able to purchase one from them for $500 with the SC logo on it?

Also keep in mind the new Chicago plastic bag ban. I got a carry out the other night and she laid it flat in a paper bag with no handles for me to balance on my 4 block walk home.

Last edited:

Oh My

***then just do deliveries off shift along with regular rides.***

LMFAO. Will never drive for Sidecar again. 25% commission on top of their low-ass fares. + the $2 SRF on long rides. F-off and go bankrupt Sidecar, tell pets.com I send my regards.

too bad though. they did have a chance become #2 and blew it.
I love the pax comments of "I just love SideCar because it's a quoted flat price and there are no surprises". You have to keep your fare multiplier at the max because they truly believe your time and gas stuck in traffic is a moot point.

One cheapskate SC rider @@@@@ed the whole way to the train station about how he used to like Lyft but "....they're not giving out free ride coupons anymore" and "Lyft needs to start giving out those free rides again and that's why I switched to SideCar". Oh and he was in a hurry too.

25% commission? Now I only turn that thing on to just see what happens. If they're nearby and going my way too, maybe I'll pick them up. True rideshare. Hey, if you're lucky you'll get paid in 5 days if the riders credit card didn't decline.

Last edited:

leroy jenkins

***If they're nearby and going my way too, maybe I'll pick them up.***

fyi if you didn't know....If a Sidecar passenger is nearby (I forget the exact distance---something like within a 5 min/1 mile! drive), your pick-up radius is automatically over-ridden and you'll get that ping. (not that it really matters those, i see active Sidecar drivers with 30% acceptance rates. ) it's just the principle of it that's annoying and proves how f****d up @@@@@@ed Sidecar is as a company.

the official announcement is from last fall??? and there are threads about it on the official sidecar drivers forum.

Oh My

***If they're nearby and going my way too, maybe I'll pick them up.***

fyi if you didn't know....If a Sidecar passenger is nearby (I forget the exact distance---something like within a 5 min/1 mile! drive), your pick-up radius is automatically over-ridden and you'll get that ping. (not that it really matters those, i see active Sidecar drivers with 30% acceptance rates. ) it's just the principle of it that's annoying and proves how f****d up @@@@@@ed Sidecar is as a company.

the official announcement is from last fall??? and there are threads about it on the official sidecar drivers forum.
If you set your minimum at say $7, you'll sometimes get $5 requests. That's where that 1 mile rule probably comes in. I still just ignore them.

CS289

If you set your minimum at say $7, you'll sometimes get $5 requests. That's where that 1 mile rule probably comes in. I still just ignore them.
Whenever I get a ride request below my minimum fare, they add in a ride subsidy in other transactions to pay up to my minimum fare.