• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Sidecar Calling

UberLyftguy

I like Sidecar, the flexibility of the app. Really someone needs to create an open source app that works similarly.

Today Sidecar crossed a line with me, they called me with an automated message. No commissions and 1.25x fares. Not a bad offer, but don't call my phone! I get your emails, I get your texts.

What's next door to door?
Can you opt out of this? Uber sent me like 3 messages every day and I just texted back "STOP" and I haven't heard from them since.

Bill Feit

Funny, I have never gotten a message from Sidecar on my phone unless I was using the RIDER app...never the Driver App...I really wish I could get more Sidecar business..I make the most money with Sidecar with my min fare set at $12...remember Uber is now $4 and I usually set my multiplier to 1.4 (1.4 is max). The incentives to use are pretty much done here in SD other than the shared ride availability...I did notice on Monday this week there were a LOT of drivers downtown and MOST had their multiplier set below 1....WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT DUMBSHITS??? Some even set it at 1 or lower when Sidecar was paying difference between $4 and $5 shared rides...they left a LOT of money on the table by doing that. I love the Sidecar APP...setting pick up radius, drop off location, adjusting price, countdown to pax as no show for cancel fee...wonderful stuff!

Bill Feit

i really like how you can adjust the settings, i want to get into it a bit but no pings. :frown:
Hopefully it will grow...also, I think you have to have about 20 rides before you can adjust settings like min fare and multiplier.

Chicago-uber

I keep my settings at the max.. 1.5x and $12 minimum. Pings are almost non-existent. I might lower the minimum, but not the multiplier. I know my worth. I provide an almost brand new SUV, so I deserve more than the guy driving 2005 Corolla.

Emp9

I keep my settings at the max.. 1.5x and $12 minimum. Pings are almost non-existent. I might lower the minimum, but not the multiplier. I know my worth. I provide an almost brand new SUV, so I deserve more than the guy driving 2005 Corolla.
1.5 is the cap? what about busy times where uber would surge 2-3 times?

Bill Feit

1.5 is the cap? what about busy times where uber would surge 2-3 times?
There is no surge or prime pricing with Sidecar! No Plus or XL....Also, use the rider app to see what your competition is charging and adjust accordingly...today I had 3 cars in my area BELOW default..at about .8...I would not go there either but did go from 1.3 down to 1.o and did get a call...I also have a 2013 Sienna so worth more too!

Emp9

There is no surge or prime pricing with Sidecar! No Plus or XL....Also, use the rider app to see what your competition is charging and adjust accordingly...today I had 3 cars in my area BELOW default..at about .8...I would not go there either but did go from 1.3 down to 1.o and did get a call...I also have a 2013 Sienna so worth more too!
BUT IS 1.5 THE CAP , I THOUGHT YOU CAN GO UP TO 5X. oops sorry caps on

Chicago-uber

wow i didnt know this. then why is it better than uber?
Because of being able to customize settings.

Minimum Price, multiplier, pickup radius, drop off area, also can see how much $$ you will make prior to accepting a ride.

Emp9

Because of being able to customize settings.

Minimum Price, multiplier, pickup radius, drop off area, also can see how much $$ you will make prior to accepting a ride.
fair enough but mainly i wanted to use it for high demand in big citty with a 3x-5x multiplier. is there a rate list per city? thanks for the help