• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Sidecar Announces No More Ridesharing Nor Deliveries in 2016

Bob Reynolds

Well you would figure they would at least run through New Years eve, but then again maybe they want a dead stop not going into 2016.

elelegido

Looks like they are finally kicking the bucket. No more ridesharing nor deliveries in 2106 for Sidecar.
View attachment 21561
Only a matter of time before the wheels finally fell off the sidecar.

Still, by finishing up by 2pm on New Year's Eve they'll have plenty of time to go out, enjoy the celebrations and get shitfaced, hopefully then being responsible and getting an Uber or Lyft home.

dnlbaboof

they cared too much about the drivers, didnt hassle them over ratings, add tips built in, and had dropoff radius, let the driver set the rate, let the rider choose the car, thats not important all thats important is that someone making 200k a year can get a ride for 30 cents a mile, a race to the bottom

Agent99

they cared too much about the drivers, didnt hassle them over ratings, add tips built in, and had dropoff radius, let the driver set the rate, let the rider choose the car, thats not important all thats important is that someone making 200k a year can get a ride for 30 cents a mile, a race to the bottom
My perception, in contrast to the company caring too much about the drivers, is that they would emphasize how they were the cheapest rideshare company in town and gave the drivers the sense that they were all supposed to beat each other up to give a ridiculously low fare. I didn't find that very inviting, as a driver.

I don't think Sidecar was very attractive to either drivers or passengers. The result was that there were insufficient drivers, and those that were available had to drive long distances to do pickups. The down time was ridiculous, especially if you were too far away from the downtown of your city. Too bad for everyone.

Last edited: