• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Side hustle with Uber in FL?

LHBOATS

Hi there! Im new here and work for an a company that is uber but for boats. We're based in South FL and are looking to network with Uber drivers. Anyone here interested?

LHBOATS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you go down to Miami? Like coconut Grove area.
Absolutely! We're rolling out a new program from Jupiter all the way south to the keys. We've got a few different ways to get involved. Any interest in learning more?

LHBOATS

Are you like uber in that you rent boats for .95 cents per nautical mile?
We're a platform connecting boat owners to people who want to rent boats. We provide all the insurance and captains. We're looking to work with Uber drivers who want a side hustle to become affiliates to help the generate additional income while they drive.

Chris Dee

You do realize that this type of business is already here in Florida ??? and all over the eastern seaboard?? I was offered a deal that I would get special financing and a huge down payment offer if I sprung for the '33 footer I wanted when I live in NJ. This company said I would "own" the boat but need to let a certain amount of pre-qualified boaters use the boat. I refused as well as not buying the boat. Good business here in Florida.... good luck.

LHBOATS

Thanks for the input, Chris. We're actually a bit different than the model you described above. We are the platform which connects boat owners with people who want to rent boats. Thats the simplest way to put it. We also have Captains available for the trips should the renter be inexperienced ,and we handle all the insurance & logistics. We stay out of the selling/financing piece and stick to what we know: providing great experiences on the water.

We're working with Uber drivers right now by creating an opportunity for drivers to make extra money during their driving times. We're providing business cards with a unique referral code offer that can be passed out to passengers in your car who might want to rent a boat. In exchange for the referral we're paying $50 per booking to the driver who referred the passenger plus 10% discount for the passengers.

We're still in our early phases and would love feedback-does that seem like something you or the members of the site might be interested in? Happy to hear your thoughts!

You do realize that this type of business is already here in Florida ??? and all over the eastern seaboard?? I was offered a deal that I would get special financing and a huge down payment offer if I sprung for the '33 footer I wanted when I live in NJ. This company said I would "own" the boat but need to let a certain amount of pre-qualified boaters use the boat. I refused as well as not buying the boat. Good business here in Florida.... good luck.