• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Side by Side Comparison between the ever worsening Uber and Coast so Far Clear Lyft

UberFalsified

First off, my system is my system. It's what works for me.
For the most part, it's opposite the mainstream.
I use 5 of my 6 DFs during the highly concentrated AM rush.
On good days, I get multi trips per DF.

Perhaps this simple analysis wouldn't match cucumber to cucumber with your routine; however,
This would be my reality and can safely say, I'm Uber Free. Retool with Lyft. Sacrifice a day or couple days each week until you make it work right for you. Only a fool can't see this is what you must do! There's a reason passengers seem to agree Lyft Drivers on the average are a bit sharper than their Uber dissidents.
Capture.JPG

Greg1973

Bottom line. Use your brain to your advantage. Some people are making more doing the Uber thing some others the Lyft thing.
But one thing is for sure. Both working at your expense. I have said many times the Online-Accept-Drive leads to bankruptcy.
Think how to maximize $ and minimize expense. Pool to hit the quest? Enjoy the ride to cornfields...

UberFalsified

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bottom line. Use your brain to your advantage. Some people are making more doing the Uber thing some others the Lyft thing.
But one thing is for sure. Both working at your expense. I have said many times the Online-Accept-Drive leads to bankruptcy.
Think how to maximize $ and minimize expense. Pool to hit the quest? Enjoy the ride to cornfields...
"some people are making more...", More than what? What are they making more of? Not what they did last year, but probably more than they will make next year. Definitely not more than me, and I'm just a lowly Lyft Driver not even good enough to drive for The Uber. How you like that?

Chibry

I like putting my DF with Lyft in the city. I waited for the 100% surge over the weekend and waited for a Pool. Normally I don't like pools but with 100% surge and the possibility to keep adding people at that rate, couldn't resist. I went 1.5 hours at 100% surge as I put the DF from Evanston down to university of chicago. And I even received one unexpected $2 tip. I go slower with the pools when it's surging, I don't care what the riders think, my rating is good and I could care less about it. I don't even check anymore, it's all about $ for me. That pool netted me over $45 an hour. And the riders were nice and patient. Plus I've found that 100% surge is expensive for the riders so you tend not to get the cheap cheap ones, they end up on the bus or train.

Nikki S

I like putting my DF with Lyft in the city. I waited for the 100% surge over the weekend and waited for a Pool. Normally I don't like pools but with 100% surge and the possibility to keep adding people at that rate, couldn't resist. I went 1.5 hours at 100% surge as I put the DF from Evanston down to university of chicago. And I even received one unexpected $2 tip. I go slower with the pools when it's surging, I don't care what the riders think, my rating is good and I could care less about it. I don't even check anymore, it's all about $ for me. That pool netted me over $45 an hour. And the riders were nice and patient. Plus I've found that 100% surge is expensive for the riders so you tend not to get the cheap cheap ones, they end up on the bus or train.
What’s DF

4Wheels5Stars0Hopes

So, shared on Lyft just keeps that initial 100% PT throughout the entire ride, no matter if the first passenger is exits in between the second and third pick ups?

Svoloch

So, shared on Lyft just keeps that initial 100% PT throughout the entire ride, no matter if the first passenger is exits in between the second and third pick ups?
Lol. No, they don’t (anymore) That 1.20-30 hour ride should have been around $60-65 at full 100%. But it’s ok since majority of drivers are really bad at math.