• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Sick of Uber and False Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisible

Logged in to see message about possible fraud activity on my UE account. Screw you Uber!!!!

Yesterday, while en route to a delivery, I noticed the directions stopped. Then I realized the order completely disappeared.

Since it was snowing, I pulled over to call support to get customers address. Rep tells me I marked it as delivered. I didn’t. I hadn’t touched my phone while driving, and up to a few seconds before, it was navigating me where to turn.

Support claims they have to call customer to get his address because it wasn’t showing on their end. When they give me the address, I deliver to the guy a few minutes later.

I apologize to the guy and told him what happened, and that’s why there was a delay, besides the snow. He was nice and was happy to get the food.

A few weeks before, I received another alert that a customer claimed I didn’t deliver the food. I have NEVER not delivered the food. I verify the name before handing over the food, in case they use pin location and address is wrong.

I’m so sick of Uber and their bully tactics and the erroneous rating system where a customer can mark other, mark you were unprofessional when you weren’t or etc. Yet Uber doesn’t specify for which order.

Gong to do more Lyft, as I search for traditional employment. Sorry for long post, but so disgusted with these apps. I’ve been doing them too long!
6DD732BA-13D8-4E08-95AC-B42DB9DBF62F.png

Last edited:

Rickos69

Logged in to see message about possible fraud activity on my UE account. Screw you Uber!!!!
A few weeks before, I received another alert that a customer claimed I didn’t deliver the food. I have NEVER not delivered the food.
You are now officially part of the Fraud Club. Welcome aboard newbie!!!
And the only people that get flagged, are the ones that actually DO NOT NOT deliver.
The Free Food Megathread people are having a free for all!!

Last edited:

Rickos69

While normally I would find that hilarious, I can’t now. I’m pissed because this can affect my livelihood. But thx.
No it won't. I got that crap message about 1,000 deliveries ago.
Because some old lady thought her McD order was wrong. Sealed with the sticker no less.
And some guy that told me to leave his Starbucks 2 coffee order on his doorstep.
I spent over an hour on and off on the phone with support screaming my ass off.
In the end, I got an email that said they believe me, but did not have the necessary permissions to remove my fraud alert.

After 2,500 deliveries, back then, I guess I decided to rip off a Mcd order (not all of it, just some of it) and a couple of Starbucks coffees.

Last edited:

Invisible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some customer intentionally mark their food not delivered so they can get a free meal out of it, and us driver get the blame.
True, but for me it has only happened recently.

How do we combat the cheaters? Should I take pics of them and/or the address?

I don’t know if this alert was from the guy I wrote about or someone else. I don’t understand how he could’ve been so nice, but then make a false claim.

Then again, I don’t have the mindset of a thief or cheater, like the guy who has ways to steal food and most recently how to get free DD orders from the Free Food Megathread.

Rickos69

True, but for me it has only happened recently.

How do we combat the cheaters? Should I take pics of them and/or the address?

I don’t know if this alert was from the guy I wrote about or someone else. I don’t understand how he could’ve been so nice, but then make a false claim.

Then again, I don’t have the mindset of a thief or cheater, like the guy who has ways to steal food and most recently how to get free DD orders from the Free Food Megathread.
Sooooo, Natasha! you look forrrr ways to steal food?

Invisible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just kidding. Because you are keeping up with the megathread! :roflmao::roflmao:
Natasha is a Russian spy responsible for everything!
Oh ok. I only keep up w/ the thread to mark ‘like” for posts that are against his stealing. I did post on it when it was newer, but I added how the food I got, legally, I give away.

Now please tell me what rohit means.

Rickos69

Oh ok. I only keep up w/ the thread to mark ‘like” for posts that are against his stealing. I did post on it when it was newer, but I added how the food I got, legally, I give away.

Now please tell me what rohit means.
Rohit is a very common Indian (as in India) male name. Now think of where most phone support centers are located.
A lot of people, instead of saying the Indian guy at support, just say Rohit.

Last edited:

amazinghl

I don’t understand how he could’ve been so nice, but then make a false claim.
You're too naive. Scammers are the nicest people you'll ever met.

I tried to speak truth with love but I often forgot the love part and people perceived me as "mean". Truth often "sounds" more hurtful more than lies.

Immoralized

You have to deliver a few before "stealing" the meal every time you feel hungry/thirsty. Otherwise you just get booted off the system.
Got drivers been taking food & drinks off Uber awhile now without ever getting a fraud alert so you are doing something wrong :redface: Getting too greedy for one & trying to get every single meal covered for free.

Wildgoose

Uber Eats should change how their app works. When two phones kiss (or reach to location if customers choose to deliver not in person), Apps automatically detects as delivery was done.

Immoralized

Uber Eats should change how their app works. When two phones kiss (or reach to location if customers choose to deliver not in person), Apps automatically detects as delivery was done.
Uber can solve this overnight by getting the client to sign for the food/drinks. That way drivers will not be tempted into stealing the food & riders will sign for the food as well & receive the food that they ordered.

Since it is an honor system... Hungry drivers are going to take full advantage of the free food at every opportunity. A sealed paper bag is going to do absolutely nothing to prevent a driver from taking it apart and consuming the food within just as easily as if it was in the clients hand tearing it apart and eating it. "especially when he already see the order." :roflmao: which has always been the problem. Driver likes what the client ordered... The driver consumes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.