1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Sick of apartments. Changing strategy now

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by ebrain, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ebrain

ebrain Active Member

11pm I get a ping. Did not know it was a humongous apartment complex. Should have called before I get there but I ended up going exactly where app told me to go to. No pax obviously. Guess I should have just waited there for 5 minutes to correct no show but made a mistake and called the pax.

She tells me building number 37 so I spend 5 minutes trying to find building going over a dozen speed bumps. Call her again as I could not find darn building. She tells I go and wait on the front. I go to entry gate and keep waiting. Called and she says she cannot see me. Turns out building had 2 entry gates and she was on the other side

Enough for me cancel and go offline .. going forward I plan to go where app tells me to go, quietly wait for 5 minutes, cancel as no show and move on without even trying to get the pax.

2. simpsonsverytall

simpsonsverytall Well-Known Member

LOL

you drive through a security gate and then spend 5 min driving over speedbumps to find the building#, and they aren't even outside... Then they are going to WHOLE FOODS a whopping 1.5miles down the road.

Don't worry. When you get to WF, you will get a stacked ping, ... returning to the apts!

3. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I would still make an effort to find the pax, but if I can't find you within 5 minutes, UberNext for you....

thepanttherlady likes this.
  4. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

At apartments I always text them ahead of time if no building number given. When you get there, at the entrance there is usually a map that shows you where the buildings are.

Measure twice, cut once

5. Geno71

Geno71 Well-Known Member

Is the cancelation fee paid if you don't call? I was under the impression that in order to collect a no show or cancelation fee driver must call first.

6. Bean

Bean Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    At least in my market, you don't need to contact the pax to get the fee.
    It's extremely rare that I make first contact with any pax. I don't hold their hand. The app notifies them I've arrived and shows them exactly where my car is (surprise, I'm at the pin!). If that's not enough info for them to get to me within 5 minutes they're probably not someone I want in my car.

UberBy11, ebrain and Shangsta like this.
  7. Sgt_PaxHauler

Sgt_PaxHauler Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I believe that is Lyft's policy, but not Uber's.

OP's post pretty much describes..every morning commuter pickup I've ever done. Ever. Pin drops almost never line up with the pax's specific building and I don't expect them to. I just go to the main office or to a spot just inside the security gates and text immediately.. something like "Good morning! I've arrived at your complex, which building would you like me to pick you up from?" usually works well.